Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Loose Screw on the ProPride Hitch Head

Just got back from our first camping trip of this season. As usual, the ProPride hitch performed admirably in making the towing experience a very comfortable one,However, after unhitching, I noticed that there's a 3/4" long stainless bolt/screw sitt...

S_K_ by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Smarter Tools AP-2000iq 2000w generator at Costco

Costco has the SmarterTools AP-2000iq for $599 its comparable in size to the Honda and it can be run in parallel.Has anyone had any experience with this generator, good or bad? At this price im tempted to give them a shot. These do have the YamahaMZ8...

MorMJS by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C in 2006 trail cruiser 30' has no power

Our roof AC unit in our 30' trail cruiser trailer has no power going to it, it's not a blown fuse our breaker we have checked. Not sure if it's the same but the power plug in by the door and one under the table don't have power to them either. Any i...

New Here wanted to introduce myself

Hi All, New here, and new to RVs. Came to get some ideas and info and wanted to say Hello.Our Trailer:2014 Rockwood 2502S. WDH is a Fastaway E2 with sway controlOur tow vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L diesel on 35"x12.5" Toyo MTs. Engine is all...

MorMJS by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with slide out mechanism/cables and chains

2006 Keystone Zeppelin. Since I have owned it, the cable buckles that connect the chains and cables have bumped or hit when passing during the opening or closing of the slide out. This has caused the system to hang, catch, and make noise as they re...

Brockc by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Pump Trouble

I'm having trouble getting my water pump working after pulling it out from winter storage. My TT is a 2013 Viewfinder(cruiser rv). The dealer we bought it from winterized it last fall by blowing all the lines. When I ran the pump all I got was a li...

b-crags by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Generators, solar panels whats the better choice?

We hope to do a good mix of hookup camping(whenever possible with the whole family) & dry camping(me and buddies hunting,fishing,etc.)My TT currently has 1 12v battery and thats all... So im looking for some input on what purchases to make first in t...

MorMJS by Explorer
  • 49 replies
  • 0 likes

Are my distribution bars the correct size?

Trying to figure out if my "old school" chain trunnion style bars are sufficient in size for my new TT. The stickers are peeling off that shows the capacities but hopefully someone has the same bars to fill in the missing links.....What I can read is...

jbres by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Rocks in Dually tires

Starting to get more adventurous with the dually and take the less travelled path. I have always heard stories of rocks getting stuck between the rear tires. Anyone have this happen and how did you get it out and what was the damage like. We used to ...

rickeoni by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Goodyear Marathon Trailer Tires

Been talked to death I know, but I need an update on the current status of Goodyear Marathon tires. I had great luck with GY Marathons for many years on many trailers, but then I got a couple of the Asian made Marathons a few years ago and had nothi...

BradW by Explorer II
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

Check Your Tires

Last summer, we left for a four-week, 6,000 mile adventure out west. I had the TT inspected the week before we left and had some minor repairs made, so we were in good shape. The tires had plenty of tread and looked to be perfect.At the end of our ...

A couple general questions about travel trailers

Hello. I am in the market for a travel trailer and have a couple questions. I will be living in the trailer a couple months out of the year and I found a four seasons campground that'll let me keep it there year round. They do however shut the water ...

More Short bed 6'9" 5th wheel questions

My '02 F-350 7.3 diesel is biting the rust. I'm looking at a few '13 F-250 XLT gassers. They do have short (6'9") beds, and wondering if I should buy a sliding hitch, or if I can get by with my old 16k hitch. I tow a '12 Cougar 27SAB with a forward h...

quoyfab by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes