Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is Ram's 4-Corner Air Suspension worth it?

I'm wondering if Ram's 4-Corner Air Suspension worth the $1795 list price?I've never had a truck with air bags or air suspension. I've read good and bad things about the 4 Corner Air Suspension system. It seems expensive. Is it worth the money or s...

Australian will become Global Design Chief

Well,it not be the Ranger that has a lot of Australian input being designed and developed in Australia, it appears the designer of the Last Australian Ford Falcon has become Fords Global Chief of design. On a sadder note the Australian/ British desig...

Outside kitchen.

Traded in our 2011 32 ft 5th wheel for a couples trailer, 2016 Premier 22rb with outside kitchen. Enjoying this new found freedom with no restrictions. I have not used the outside kitchen as of yet, has bar fridge, sink, 2 burner stove. My question i...

New tow vehicle, Nissan nv3500. What brake controller?

Like the tittle says, we have a new tow vehicle!2018 Nissan NV3500 SL Now it’s time to add the brake controller. I have used a prodigy in the past but am very intrigued by the Redarc Elite. Factory brake controller is t an option on the Nissan so tha...

Fryer5 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck Camper photos from Western Australia

This is from Allan Onyetts album. He is a Ozcape owner. I met the owner of the Ozcape TC Business at a Camping and Caravan Show. The Pinnacles in Western AustraliaBroome shorelineGibb River Road Western Australia Last photo but not least a photo of ...

How much trailer can the new 1/2 ton trucks tow?

I'm new to RVing and I'm in the market for a new TV. Ideally I'd like a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, but these trucks require commercial plates, which makes driving on Long Island (NY State) difficult, so I'm considering going with a 1/2 ton truck, but i'm ...

Back in the TT lifestyle

We went from tenting, to tent trailer, to travel trailer, tent trailer, and now back to travel trailering. We had very bad luck with our old 97 Aerolite (water damage). We then went back to a Coleman tent trailer. It had a messed up awning. First ti...

RV Parts Nation - never again

Anyone else have difficulty lately with RV Parts Nation? My RV door lock (Fastec) is in rough shape from much use (one of the hinge pins on the pull lever either broke or simply fell out, not sure which), so I ordered a new assembly via internet fro...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

comprehensive book or article needed

I am considering getting a tow vehicle and small travel trailer 22 ft or so. I notice there are controversies about one or two axle, construction materials, choice of weight of trailer as well as possible hazards and dangers in pulling a TT. I wonde...

Traded in 5th wheel for couples TT

Curious mind. How many have traded in from a luxury fifth wheel to a couples TT. We made the jump from 32 ft to a 22ft. Was worried at first but feeling happy on choice. I have lost touch with the wilderness. I want more freedom in choice of sites. O...

newbie weekend user need advice

Just bought my first used Travel Trailer for my newly acquired hunting property. I will be using the TT for 3 days/2 nights sometimes every wknd other times maybe not for a few weeks. I have water/septic system/and electric. I'm locating in Central T...

RAM/Jeep on a roll

Ram sales are up 44% according to TFLhttps://www.tfltruck.com/2018/12/rams-november-sales-numbers-soar-sales-report/Jeep sales up 20% according to USA todayhttps://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/12/03/december-us-auto-sales/2189608002/That an...

Flashman by Explorer II
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Dodge Ram transmission reliability

I have an 05 Cummins 5.9 with the 48RE automatic transmission. It has 107K miles and so far absolutely no transmission issues. However I have changed the fluid every 35K miles. How long will this thing last. I would just be interested in how ma...

Commercial Plates for 250/2500 in New York State??

I was just told by a friend that in New York State that I would have to register a 250/2500 or 350/3500 as a commercial vehicle because it weighs over 6000 lbs! If true, that means I can't use any of the parkways even when not towing. So I went to ...