Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

12v lighting issue... Could use some help :) (32BHDS)

Not sure where to put this. Move it if it is not where it should be. Thank you.2007 Keystone Hornet 32BHDSPower Converter PM3-55-MBA OK... so I hate trying to figure out electrical issues in my 8 mo. (07) “new to me” travel trailer.This seems odd to ...

BiggyJ by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Front end work

A few years ago the tire shop said I needed Outer tie rods then and inners before too long. I got the outers done and am now going to do the inners. My cousin usually does work on my truck that I am unable to. My steering seems fine. My question is, ...

albow by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

portable gen suggestion !

I just dug one of my generators out of storage and found that wasps or some critter had packed the outlets with mud ! I think that I will buy some of them child-proof outlet plugs and stick in outlets on all my generators !

Does GM have it backwards?

2019 Silverado 1500 offers a 6.2 with 420 HP and 460 lbs-ft of torque and 10 spd trans. The 2020 Silverado 2500 rumored to offer a 6.6 with 400 HP and 450 lbs-ft of torque and 6 spd trans. Shouldn't it be the other way around for these gas engines?

Bowti by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm looking for a replacement truck

Ok, first off, I don't want to start a brand war here, but would appreciate some input based on experience.My TC hauler, a 1997 Ford F350 diesel dually suffered frame damaged by hurricane Michael. It may be repairable, but since I also have to repla...

What gears do I need?

Looking at a Ram 2500 to pull a 7K travel trailer. It will be a gasser with the 6.4 hemi. Should I get the 4.10 rear end or will the 3.73 do what I need?

CARiD and which tires for my 19.5” wheels

I’m going to upgrade my wheels & tires on my 2017 Ram 3500 SRW truck as I’m moving to a larger truck camper. Want the extra load capacity.I’ve decided on the Vision 81 wheels in black matte, but can’t decide on tires. I’m thinking of Toyo M-920, Good...

skylight condensation

Living in my 26ft coachmen for the past 6 months now. Im in Myrtle beach.Just noticed water droplets on membrane between ceiling and skylight bubble.its colder here and running electric heat past several weeks.Noticed it last week too and little plas...

lawrosa by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

camping with CPAP (no electric hookup)

We would like to go to some places this summer with our travel trailer that don't have electric hookups but my son needs his CPAP for sleeping during the night. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to manage this. It seems (unless I'm m...

Chad_Jen by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

New Camper Transcend 28MKS

Just wanted to share our new camper purchase, a Grand Design Transcend 28MKS. Traded in our Jayco 26BH. Can’t wait for warmer weather so we can get out camping. It took about a year of shopping to make our decision. A few things we wanted:- one entry...

New GM HD "Allison" trans not built by Allison

Turns out GM is actually the ones building the new "Allison" 10 speed transmission that is going in the next gen HD trucks. They are keeping the brand name Allison but it won't be made by Allison Transmission Corp. Allison does say they will "veri...

ib516 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Firman Generators

Costco has a great deal on a Firman WO2981 3200Wpeak running/2900Wrunning generator. The reviews all seem good. Does anyone have comments or knowledge of this unit?Thank you so much

Parked on a slope with car still hitched...

We are staying on a slope today. The trailer had to be leveled side to side which meant that I wasn't able to chock those tires.From front to back is quite a slope with the front having to be raised. To be extra safe, I want to leave the car hitched ...

oyarsa by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

long bed vs short bed for towing 5th wheel RV

Will be looking to purchase a 5th wheel 30-37' & a tow vehicle 3/4 or 1 ton single axle diesel.Looking for experiences and feedback for towing a 30-37' 5th wheel with either short 6' bed or long 8' bed. I'm understanding with a short bed it would pos...

Replacing Refrigerator, vents and wiring questions

Yes, I'm replacing my original (non functioning) camper fridge with a residential unit. I know they are not meant for camping, etc, but its going to happen.I can figure out how to remove the fridge from the unit just fine, I know I'll be cutting off ...