Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How much trailer can the new 1/2 ton trucks tow?

I'm new to RVing and I'm in the market for a new TV. Ideally I'd like a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, but these trucks require commercial plates, which makes driving on Long Island (NY State) difficult, so I'm considering going with a 1/2 ton truck, but i'm ...

Back in the TT lifestyle

We went from tenting, to tent trailer, to travel trailer, tent trailer, and now back to travel trailering. We had very bad luck with our old 97 Aerolite (water damage). We then went back to a Coleman tent trailer. It had a messed up awning. First ti...

RV Parts Nation - never again

Anyone else have difficulty lately with RV Parts Nation? My RV door lock (Fastec) is in rough shape from much use (one of the hinge pins on the pull lever either broke or simply fell out, not sure which), so I ordered a new assembly via internet fro...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

comprehensive book or article needed

I am considering getting a tow vehicle and small travel trailer 22 ft or so. I notice there are controversies about one or two axle, construction materials, choice of weight of trailer as well as possible hazards and dangers in pulling a TT. I wonde...

Traded in 5th wheel for couples TT

Curious mind. How many have traded in from a luxury fifth wheel to a couples TT. We made the jump from 32 ft to a 22ft. Was worried at first but feeling happy on choice. I have lost touch with the wilderness. I want more freedom in choice of sites. O...

newbie weekend user need advice

Just bought my first used Travel Trailer for my newly acquired hunting property. I will be using the TT for 3 days/2 nights sometimes every wknd other times maybe not for a few weeks. I have water/septic system/and electric. I'm locating in Central T...

RAM/Jeep on a roll

Ram sales are up 44% according to TFLhttps://www.tfltruck.com/2018/12/rams-november-sales-numbers-soar-sales-report/Jeep sales up 20% according to USA todayhttps://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/12/03/december-us-auto-sales/2189608002/That an...

Flashman by Explorer II
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Dodge Ram transmission reliability

I have an 05 Cummins 5.9 with the 48RE automatic transmission. It has 107K miles and so far absolutely no transmission issues. However I have changed the fluid every 35K miles. How long will this thing last. I would just be interested in how ma...

Commercial Plates for 250/2500 in New York State??

I was just told by a friend that in New York State that I would have to register a 250/2500 or 350/3500 as a commercial vehicle because it weighs over 6000 lbs! If true, that means I can't use any of the parkways even when not towing. So I went to ...

3/4 ton truck questions

We've decided to replace our truck (2006 Tundra) with a 3/4 ton truck. I've looked at new and used. Today I saw a couple of very nice used 3/4 ton trucks (Ford and Ram) and I've got a couple questions that I haope you can help with. First, none of...

12v lighting issue... Could use some help :) (32BHDS)

Not sure where to put this. Move it if it is not where it should be. Thank you.2007 Keystone Hornet 32BHDSPower Converter PM3-55-MBA OK... so I hate trying to figure out electrical issues in my 8 mo. (07) “new to me” travel trailer.This seems odd to ...

BiggyJ by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Front end work

A few years ago the tire shop said I needed Outer tie rods then and inners before too long. I got the outers done and am now going to do the inners. My cousin usually does work on my truck that I am unable to. My steering seems fine. My question is, ...

albow by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

portable gen suggestion !

I just dug one of my generators out of storage and found that wasps or some critter had packed the outlets with mud ! I think that I will buy some of them child-proof outlet plugs and stick in outlets on all my generators !

Does GM have it backwards?

2019 Silverado 1500 offers a 6.2 with 420 HP and 460 lbs-ft of torque and 10 spd trans. The 2020 Silverado 2500 rumored to offer a 6.6 with 400 HP and 450 lbs-ft of torque and 6 spd trans. Shouldn't it be the other way around for these gas engines?

Bowti by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes