cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone bring coolers anymore with full fridges?

yankeeslover
Explorer
Explorer
now that I have my new 2670 tracer with the full fridge and separate freezer im just wondering if a cooler is needed anymore? it looks like a residential size frige..Dometic DM2652.. just wondering if its ok to fit soda and beer or if better off putting drinks in a cooler outside? how do others here do it? just trying to minimize space if I can..thanks for helping this newbie...
55 REPLIES 55

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
The fridge work great for food however the beer needs to be kept ice cold! Also If I put the beer in the fridge there would be no room for food.
The cooler is as an important as having a full tank of gas! You need both to leave the driveway
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

tomdinwv
Explorer
Explorer
We carry a cooler on every trip. Food goes in the inside fridge, if there is any room left, we fill it with bottled water or pop. We have a small dorm fridge we put on a table outside. We split it with pop and bottled water. Love our little fridge. It'll get pop cold to the point where it gets just a little slush in it. Mmmmmm, cold. Beer goes in the cooler. Beer should always be on ice. LOL. When we drink beer at home, I'll put it in a cooler with ice over it. It just tastes better to me that way. We keep our TT in a storage lot because we can't get it up the hill we live on, so when we pack up to leave, any left over food goes into the cooler to keep it cool until we get home.

engine31
Explorer
Explorer
We usually always have an extra cooler for just those occasions when we need extra ice, or side trips.

timws6
Explorer
Explorer
I always have a cooler outside full of beer and ice. Much more convenient than going inside all the time.
2012 Shadow Cruiser 285RLS
2003 Silverado SS

Racerchaser27
Explorer
Explorer
We dry camp alot at Nascar races, or local racetracks. We always have a cooler for beer, pop, juice, etc... Saves room in the fridge for more delicious meat!!! (mmmmmmmmmm.......steeaaakkkk!!!) Thats about the only time we use our cooler camping now!

StaceyE
Explorer
Explorer
We have a large cooler in the back of the pickup gets loaded up with drinks last thing before we pull out of the driveway. A quick stop at Micky D's for a couple bags of ice and we're off camping. It goes outside right next to the TT door so the kids (and us) don't have to trek in and out of the camper for something to drink all weekend. We upgraded to a Coleman Xtreme 5 day cooler last year and LOVE it. For a long weekend we don't need to add any ice after the initial filling.
Tom and Stacey
DD Nikki (14) and Kate (9)
Wrigley, our big black dog

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
We have the white marine igloo one.

Need one for the fish to take to the fish cleaning station.

DH keeps his insulin in it while we are out and about.

As mentioned upthread, works well when we go to the grocery store.

Makes a great extra seat as well.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
We always bring the cooler when festival camping. It gives a convenient outdoor place for beverages, minimizes openings on the fridge in the trailer and cuts down on traffic going in and out. I love my friends, but I don't want them poking around in my refrigerator unsupervised.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Very rarely does a cooler get included. Only if DH is planning blender drinks or something that uses a lot of ice. Nothing is usually stored with the ice...just in the frig. We have 4 of the little RV ice cube trays and 1 tray is just right for 1 beverage. Refill and freeze as needed. Works for us. The less "stuff" we have to pack up the happier we are.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

BossCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Arn wrote:
We have a 12/110v cooler that stays outside with drinks in to save running in & out of the trailer. If we do a day trip we'll take that along. DW & I are cheese factory junkies so it sometimes comes with us to keep our "catch" chilled until we get back to the trailer.

Same here ... except for the cheese part 😄
Good idea, though.
Experience is that which you gain immediately after you actually needed it.

2011 29' Kingsport 28RLS by Gulfstream
2013 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4X4 Supercrew

John_Betty
Explorer
Explorer
yes, to hold my adult beverages and other drinks.....
John & Betty
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
2010 Keystone Bullet 246RBS

Arn
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 12/110v cooler that stays outside with drinks in to save running in & out of the trailer. If we do a day trip we'll take that along. DW & I are cheese factory junkies so it sometimes comes with us to keep our "catch" chilled until we get back to the trailer.
Arn

1958 Me
1963 Her
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS
2020 Silverado LTZ Crew, 5.3 Max Trailering Pkg.

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
We have an electric coleman that can be used in the car or plugged into 110. We keep it in the truck for quick access. It's great for short day trips away from the trailer too.

usmc616
Explorer
Explorer
I will always bring a cooler or two when i go camping. I prefer all the beverages outside in the coolers in order to minimize the amount of traffic in the TT. But having 4 kids and 3 dogs may influence my judgement.
SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 5 dogs
2017 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, 3500HD, LT, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.:B