Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simple Question...I think

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

When a manufacture spec lists the length of a TT dses that include the Hitch?

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
19 REPLIES 19

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
What is it that you are looking for? If you want length of box, I recommend measuring inside and getting usable space. If you want the length it takes from end to end, I would look for an overall length spec. If you want the truth, carry a tape measure...

8iron
Explorer
Explorer
The model number means nothing but yes, the overall length listed by the manufacturer specs have been accurate in any rv I've been interested in.
2014 F350 Lariat
2011 Sunset Trail Reserve 29ss

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Obviously there is no correct answer to this question. So I guess it depends on the Manufacturer. My TT is a 2000 model #210LT, marketing brochure says 22' length. Actual box without rear bumper included is 18'5" ( does have slight V nose, but didn't included that ). Total length with rear bumper & tongue is 21'10". So I guess they did & didn't stretch the truth in the brochure @ 22'but that's overall with tongue.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Our Rockwood ROO 23SS measured something over 20' box only and 24' bumper to ball. When we bought our Rockwood 2604 we were shocked to find that the box actually does measure 26'4" and bumper to ball is right at 30'. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to what number goes in the brochure either. You are right in wondering if 30' is box or bumper to ball and short of taking a tape measure and doing it yourself, you still may not get a good answer. You could certainly try a phone call to the dealer and ask for both measurements, but in the interest of accuracy, I'd do it myself.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
My Four Winds TT was the box length and so was my Rockwood TT. My experience with those two are they measured the box length.
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Our 27' Rockwood was actually almost 29' feet when measured tongue to spare tire on the back. Our staorage unit was supposed to be 30', but it was 29'. Had to back it in just right and take off the spare to make it fit.

Our current Roamer was advertised as 33.5', and is exactly that long. When we went trailer shopping, my measuring tape was always in my pocket because of the manufacturers' inconsistency.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound

Community Alumni
Not applicable
The length, as in what you would find listed under "length" in a brochure, should be the actual length of the trailer from coupler to bumper.

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I can assure you that there is no consistency in how manufacturers list the length of their models. My KZ Jag 24JB was over 25' including the tongue, and my Keystone Bullet 281BHS is over 31' tip to tip. I specifically measured the TT at the dealer lot because I had a very tight spot on the side of the house to park it.

The number in the model designation does not necessarily correlate to the box (living space) length either.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what's on the Heartland website:

"Note: Overall Length defined as tow point (Ball coupler for travel trailers / King pin for 5th wheel trailers) to rear bumper. It does not include the rear ladder. Add 9" w/ Extended Pin Box"

Other manufacturers may quote their lengths differently.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
The official length (not the model number) is the total length including the tongue and bumper. I am currently shopping for a TT and all manufacturers give this length in the specs.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
No. At least not on mine

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
cruz-in wrote:
not asking about model number. understand that mean all kinds of random things.

I was referring to when a spec sheet says "xy Feet" in length. Does that include the tongue or not?

MAYBE
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RVJimofOregon
Explorer
Explorer
Measure twice and buy once as they say. I have known of several owners who believed the dealer and/or manufactures and the rig did not fit into the garage. One of our Chapter members had this happen just this spring.
RV Jim
Jim & Joyce
Central Oregon Coast

26 foot 2004 Komfort travel trailer
2014 Platinum Tundra pickup

Treat the earth well, It was not given to you by your parents,โ€œIt was loaned to you by your childrenโ€
Indian proverb

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
not asking about model number. understand that mean all kinds of random things.

I was referring to when a spec sheet says "xy Feet" in length. Does that include the tongue or not?
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.