cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is your truck camper headed this summer?

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Its March 7th and we still have 3 feet of snow surrounding the truck camper. It looks like it going to be another month before the camper hits the truck. Heading to northern Ontario for a few days in April and then down to the east coast for a while during May.

With gas prices down this year I see Alaska is getting a lot of attention. Did that in 2012 so I don't think that's in my plans this year. Thinking maybe California?

Anyone want to share their plans?

Paul
85 REPLIES 85

pcoplin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'e already been out 3 times this month (March). 2 times with the wife and little daughter.

We have 12 trips planned before October start. Mostly just Oregon and Washington. I love the new camper!
2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B

molzep
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping to take it to the Outer Banks in April, but the truck's not feeling well.

Maybe Lake George, definitely Cape Cod and Nauset Beach.

Hopefully there will be more sand and less ocean this summer. Last year our first night on the beach we woke up to 6 inches of ocean under our tires at 3 AM. There was a storm out at sea and a new moon. Huge waves and extra high tides!
Molly
1995 Fleetwood Angler(retired)
2009 Lance 815
2000 GMC Sierra (for now)

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
We have a few trips planned I am trying to do one trip a month for the year, even if its just a two day one night trip. So far we have gone somewhere each month. April we will be doing a bigger one eight days on the Oregon coast. Starting at the Oregon Washington boarder and working our way down over eight days!!!!!!! May short trip camping and fishing. June big trip Idaho and Yellowstone!!! and a few others the rest of the year. This is the year for the truck camper!!!
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Well my Daughter Lori called today, she is done university May 8th. She has asked me to pick her up New Brunswick so she can go camping with us for a couple of weeks before starting her summer job. Cannot decide if we stay in the east coast of Canada or head over to the States entering through Maine.

Paul

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
bka0721 wrote:
Over the previous summers I have headed to the cooler temperatures of the Rocky Mountains or the heat and humidity of the plains of Kansas, for my summers, visiting friends, hiking, kayaking and riding motorcycles. Essentially staying out of the way of people until after Labor Day.

I always imagined as time went on and my years begin a process I knew would sometime slow my pace. For then I would hover longer in a single place. Well, this situation will begin this summer. For I received a phone call, a couple of months ago, a few years early I would say. It was a request to come back and do something I had left, over 35 years ago. I am returning to the National Park Service this summer, just for a few months. After doing the formal application/interview/background investigation it seems pretty much a commitment now. When I mentioned, to them, I would want to continue living off the grid, while posted at the Ranger Station, they laughed and said; "Sure."

So, this will be a change for me and something I am looking forward to doing.

b

Do you have any idea where you might be located? Just curious as I spent 12 year as a backcountry Ranger for the USFS out of Ft Collins, Co. A very enjoyable venture to say the least.
1mtnman

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
WOW!!! Some great trips listed...I wish everyone well and safe journey. I am postponing the trans CND trip, for different reasons...most important I will be taking a cruise in Sept with my Dad to AK, he is a WWII vet and is doing fine, sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with him. Plus I have been offered a summer job, guess, driving boats DAH!!! Can't be bad that will pay for the TC rebuild...now that was unexpected! I will live in my TC at the dock on Lake Union, Seattle, great view. May, I hope to go to the Overland Expo shake down from the rebuild and before the Captain's job! It is fun and they pay me for it too. Then in Nov hope to go south to warmer clime for a month. The TC will get used. Looking forward to seeing the trip postings.
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the previous summers I have headed to the cooler temperatures of the Rocky Mountains or the heat and humidity of the plains of Kansas, for my summers, visiting friends, hiking, kayaking and riding motorcycles. Essentially staying out of the way of people until after Labor Day.

I always imagined as time went on and my years begin a process I knew would sometime slow my pace. For then I would hover longer in a single place. Well, this situation will begin this summer. For I received a phone call, a couple of months ago, a few years early I would say. It was a request to come back and do something I had left, over 35 years ago. I am returning to the National Park Service this summer, just for a few months. After doing the formal application/interview/background investigation it seems pretty much a commitment now. When I mentioned, to them, I would want to continue living off the grid, while posted at the Ranger Station, they laughed and said; "Sure."

So, this will be a change for me and something I am looking forward to doing.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
We get tired of dragging our MS from project to project. So we picked out a new Lance in OH for our 45th Wedding Anniversary. First trip was from OH to jobsite in IN, but am getting it ready to take our relaxing 5-wk Sabbatical that starts the end of May. It's courtesy of DH's company for his 10 years of employment. I'm still working on the approx. 7000 trip starting point taking the TC from storage in GA to Mt Rushmore, then to OR Coast to see old friends and family and down to NM to see more family before going back to GA into storage.

We hope to hit as many National Parks and sites that we haven't been to in the last 45 years together. Plus taking our 14 yo GD will be a great experience. She fulltimed with us the first 2 years until she entered K. Then she spent a few summers with us. We've been able to take her to Maine, Disney World and fly to Seattle and Portland to visit family. This will be our last chance since she heads off to High School and may not want to be stuck with 2 old people, anymore.

We bought our hiking shoes this weekend, so started breaking them in moving the TC over by our 5er. Busy moving things over making lists for stocking it before it goes into storage in 3wks.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
That was the ongoing topic yesterday.

One possibility- coast of Maine up to the Bay of Fundy then the southern end of Nova Scotia and then up to Cape North and Meat Cove. Maybe through PEI on the way home.

If not then head west through the Adirondacks and around the eastern end of the Great Lakes

While Cathy has the summer off, I am self employed and continue to pay an employee's salary when the office is closed. So we tend to do long weeks once or twice each year (Leave Friday for 10 days).

We also do several 4 day weekends.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

trackhead
Explorer
Explorer
Arizona to Alaska, then back in the fall.

Phancy
Explorer
Explorer
Back home to Michigan. We have been gone since November, be home the middle of June. Will be leaving again in December.

Gripnriprod
Explorer
Explorer
I'm envious! Summer is a ways off for us here in Alaska and you folks are on the go. For those coming this way, feel free to PM me for anything you think I can help you with. Safe travels everyone.

Mike
'11 GMC 3500hd SLT DRW D/A 4x4 Spray-in, Air Bags w/comp & controls, TL, Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 9.5t Warn, front rcvr, Fox Shocks, '11 AF 1140, DB, AC, Gen, Solar, Thermal Windows, Wardrobe, Rear & Side Awnings, 18' Lund/40hp Honda 4 stroke

bookmaker
Explorer
Explorer
TCdude wrote:
followed by a week at Disney world in Orlando,

If you are staying at Ft Wilderness, plan the Whoop De Doo review dinner show. It is a little pricey, but a fun show and good vittles.

Dale
Dale & Rose Cavin, Marianna, FL
2004 Dodge Laramie dually , Cummins diesel
2010 Lance 1181
Previous:
2004 Lance 1121 (lost to hurricane Michael 10/10/18)

TCdude
Explorer
Explorer
First TC family trip real soon consisting of heading with the small family to Nashville for a couple days in 3 weeks, followed by a week at Disney world in Orlando, followed by a Georgia, SC and NC coast camping for a couple days, lastly a day or two cruzing Smokey Mountain area before heading back to Minnesota.

This weekend is our test camping checklist making endeavor in the back yard to ensure we don't forget anything on our maiden voyage.
02 GMC 3500 Auto DRW RWD 4.10
2003 Lance 1130 - ROTTEN and Gone
1997 Bigfoot 10.6

Dome
Explorer
Explorer
Moab in about 3 weeks.