Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Iceberg Alley!

According to the Canadian Ice Service, this year is supposed to be a banner year for icebergs. Here's a pic of the 1st berg spotted off the northeast Avalon peninsula (admittedly small, but VERY close to shore).... supposed to be LOTS more this year,...

wif by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

History On The Move w/video

Union Pacific is currently moving its "Big Boy" 4014 restoration project from California to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Here is a web site to track it if you are near the line, I'd check it out!UP Big Boy # 4014 ScheduleHere is short video I made of its vis...

TourSaver Coupon Book

If you plan to do any excursions while on your Alaskan trip, such as a glacier tour, be sure to purchase your TourSaver 2/1 coupon book. Just one glacier tour will pay for the book. You can order it online NOW! Don't wait until you get there. Have a...

Yosemite's Tioga Pass Opens

Wahoo! Tioga Pass (Hwy 120) opens tomorrow 5-2-14 at noon. It usually opens around Memorial Day, so it's early this year. It's the last of the passes to open this year.

reasley by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

25E Corbin Kentucky to I-81 and back

Has anyone traveled this route? Looking for other alternatives traveling I-75 to interstate 81. I believe there is a tunnel on this route as well. What would the clearance be width as well as height? On the map it looks like a nice route.Thanks in a...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bruce Woodbury Beltway around Las Vegas

Has anyone recently used the 215 (AKA Bruce Woodbury Beltway) the get around the Las Vegas traffic. Been going through there at least twice a year for 40 years. The 15 is always under construction through Vegas and frequently long delays and lots of ...

Visiting Canada in my older class B

I live in Salt Lake City and I'm considering visiting Calgary this weekend for 3 days driving in my older 1990 Ford van class B. I got my passport a year ago and heve never been out of this country. What should I expect at the border? Do they search ...

Traveling thru Texas to Amarillo

Will be heading west late May/early June. Considering taking I-20 to I-35W(north) to Hwy 287 to Amarillo. Can those of you who have traveled Hwy 287 tell me what gas stations along that route can accommodate RVs ? We are pulling a 31' 5er. We wil...

I-40 Little Rock to Memphis

Headed to Nashville late May and the best route from east Texas seems to be I-30 to Little Rock and then east to Memphis on I-40 and on to Nashville. If memory serves the last time I traveled I-40 (about 5 years ago)it was very rough. Lots of expansi...

The Reef RV Park Puerto Peñasco 2014

Hola all, I have been hearing rumors in the RV Community that the Reef RV Park is closed. At least for this year 2014 it is OPEN. I talked to the owner last week at a ceremony here in town and he said that they are staying open at least until Dec 3...

Gonzaga Bay in Sept!

We will be headed to Gonzaga Bay, about 100 miles south of San Felipe, in Sept. Will be clicking off a bucket list item of swimming with Whale Sharks. Also will be doing some off-roading. Headed down mid-Sept if anyone is interested. It will be w...

rocmoc by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Typical point to point speeds on Alaska hwy trip

I'm just beginning to dream about RVing up the AK hwy and back in '15. Way too soon for specific questions. And I know how to use the Milepost and I will. But for now I just have one question for anyone who has driven up and back, esp solo NOT in a c...

Avoiding DC and Baltimore Tunnel?

Ok, so apologies for my ignorance at the start. My husband just passed away in FL two months ago, where I am and have been wintering, and I'm going to drive my MH home to NJ from FL three weeks from now.I've found his trip plans for a return trip to ...

I-70 Missouri to Pennsylvania

Are there any issues with major construction this summer. Also, any updates on road conditions? The last time I was through here, the road surface was terrible. We are planning a cross-country trip in July - Washington State to Maryland. Thanks.

Along the Mexico border???

Hello,We will be doing a big trip this summer. A portion of our road will pass along the Mexico border traveling from Houston to Las Cruces and Tucson and San Diego. Is there some road I should not take or some places I should not stop?ThxVince