Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Halibut fishing

I want to go for halibut and ling cod while I'm there this summer! Does anybody have a charter to recommend? Or to stay away from?

Newfoundland

Hi we are planning a trip for about 5 weeks from MA. I've read the posts but have a couple of questions. I called and was told that we could stay in the MH with out dogs. If we take them out they have to be muzzled!! No way. They are wee wee pad trai...

Traveling through Houston

Going to be driving east through Houston in a couple days and looking for recommendations on routes. I'll be coming down Hwy 290 and don't have a EZ Tag. Does the Sam Houston Tollway read your license plate and send a bill like they do in some othe...

I10 111.2 MM

West of Phoenix on I10 there are several miles of MMs like 111.2, 111.4, etc. What is that all about?

Alaska TV Shows, Books and Other Information

In 4-6 weeks, we will begin our 3rd trip to Alaska. For the last year or so I have really enjoyed watching a couple of TV shows that some of you might also enjoy. One is "Buying Alaska" on the Discovery Channel and the other is "Alaska Railroad" on D...

hr0082 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Estes Park/RMNP Update 04/28/14

Decided to take a run up to Estes Park today to see how things are progressing, in the canyon accesses as well as in town. Looks like things are shaping up for a good season up there. US34 through the Big Thompson Canyon - Aside from some delays in ...

Is Top of the World Hwy paved

Is the Top of the World Hwy completely paved? I have new tires plus spare but hesitate to drive in dust or gravel. My wife is a nervous ninny if there are no guard rails so I also need to know if guard rails are installed. Thanks.

olygene by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternative to I-95 North on Memorial Day?

We will be traveling from New Green Acres in NC to Woodbridge VA on Memorial day. I imagine I-95 will be a parking lot even more than usual. Any suggestions for an alternate route using state highways? Google maps offers a few but I was wondering wha...

Unbelievable luck

After weeks of stressing somewhat over having to drive around the Washington DC Beltway we did it today & it was a breeze.Departed Martinak SP, on the Chesapeake Eastern Shore late morning expecting to be part of the end of weekend rush to get back t...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Denali Park road open to Mile 30

FAIRBANKS, Alaska — In a sure sign of spring, and a perk to those living in Alaska, the only road into Denali National Park and Preserve was opened Friday to Mile 30.Officials say weather permitting, the road will remain open to that mile marker unti...

Trackrig by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Utah-north to south trip

looking ahead to May 2015....going to leave Logan Utah and head south on HWY 15 and we want to see as much of the southern part of the state as possible--Arches National Park and Zion Park...and where ever else anyone suggests we should see---driving...

kopy_kat by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

To trailer or not

Still looking to make a run to Alaska this summer. I just received a wedding invite from my last unmarried cousin. He is getting married at Brookfield Zoo in Chicago. (remember getting married at church and ham sanwiches in the basement? Not cool a...