Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Colorado have comprehensive info website for conditions?

Does the state of CO have, by chance, a particular website where they list detailed, statewide fire restriction and air quality (smoke) info? I've been planning to boondock/dry canp my way through CO starting about a week from now. I want to make s...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Topsail-Hill Preserve

Just wanted share picture of Topsail Hill Preserve in Santa Rosa Beach FL. This was site 75. Had a great time. Park is clean and has beautiful beach

Statue of liberty

We are looking for a rv resort / park close to the statue of liberty. Would like to visit the island and surrounding area.Thanks

jajefmly by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

CT campers ?'s

Has anyone been to Hopeville pond state campground in voluntown ct? Looking for size of sites etc. I have a 31 ft class c

suprz by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

*** Happy 4th of July Snowbirds***

Happy Independence day to all you Snowbirds and everyone else as well. Snowbirds where are you hanging your hat this Summer?We are on the shores of a fine Minnesota lake with monthly trips with our local RV Club and some visits to our State Parks.

pawatt by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fire Restrictions - RMNP

Yesterday, July 6th 2018, Rocky Mountain National Park announced a complete fire ban inside the park. In addition to no fires at all even in the fire rings, charcoal briquette fires are also prohibited. Not banned are petroleum fueled fire devices ...

Favorite State Park Campgrounds

We live in Illinois and thinking of a week or 2 this Fall in Illinois or nearby state parks and/or USACE instead of the usual trip out West. Would like to hear your favorites. Our priorities are: level sites for our 30 foot MH plus Focus. Water and e...

Advice needed! Best RV Park/ Campground near Mount Rushmore

Hi,Please suggest what you believe is the best RV Park or Campground in relations to Mount Rushmore? Looking for resort style with many amenities. We like large or spacious wooded type sites. Doesn't have to be on a pad. We would like to avoid op...

by Not applicable
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondock parking at Ocracoke

Taking the 27' MH with generator to Ocracoke for a night. We will probably get there on Thursday. Is there any place where I won't get in trouble if I park at night and run the generator? Looks like there are 2 campgrounds I can use in a pinch. T...

Glacier NP boat tours.

Planning on spending a few days touring Glacier. I see that there are a number of boat tours available. Any recommendations on which one is the best? Have been looking at the Lake McDonald one.

UP. Michigan

Loading the coach this week to head North to the U.P. I was told I need to go to Pictured Rock. Anyone out there have any suggestions on where to go once we get there? We are staying in Sault Ste Marie ON. but might have a day on the way back to exp...

What About Arkansas?

Is there a place in Arkansas with scenery, and cool nights? Looking for a place within reasonable distance from the Dallas area that might be a good spot for a "beat the heat" weekend getaway...TIA

GoHorns by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Best boondocking gizmo so far...

Is the 12,000 Warn winch I have on the front of the truck. Past weekend saw us at a lake campsite up above Lake Chelan in Washington. Huge wind came up overnight and a large tree was downed blocking the road out. I carry a good pruning saw, so that w...

Utah national parks trip in June

We will be visiting a few of Utah's national parks in June for the first time. Over two weeks, we will be staying in Zion, Bryce, Grand Staircase/Escalante, and then Arches/Moab (in that order). Reservations have already been booked a couple of month...

mark52 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

The Valley of the Castles, SD

After riding out a Tornado Warning in Belle Fourche we moved on north from the Black Hills. Found our way into Slim Buttes Campground. Turns out to be a wonderful place for small rigs and dry camping. Read More: