Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Good Fishing in PA

Looking for a good spot to do some fishing in PA. BILs coming from Indiana and need a cabin, I'm bringing the the trailer. Any good places that have camping, cabins, and good fishing about halfway between NY and IN?

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Crabtree Falls (Blueridge Parkway)

Visited Crabtree Waterfall yesterday; our first visit in 30 years. Crabtree Falls Campground, nee Crabtree Meadows Campground, was our favorite tent camping area. What nice memories yesterday's visit brought back.TomClick For Full-Size Image.milepo...

pulsar by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Hidden Gem in Very Northern California

Recently spent a few days at the Blue Heron RV Park in Hornbrook, CA just off I5 a few miles south of the Oregon border. We are so impressed with this place: Each site is paved and very wide with full hook-up. Sites closest to the river and the bath ...

Fishing in Myrtle Beach

Hello,We will be heading to Myrtle Beach the 29th of this month. We have been there many times and have always wanted to try fishing either off a pier or at most a 1/2 day charter. I no longer have any ocean fishing gear so a place that rents poles e...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Maggie valley area

The wife and I are considering this area for next July. Any recommendations on campgrounds in the area. Full hookups are nice to have however electric and water are fine as long as a dump station is available. Creekside site would also be nice and pe...

Minnesota sights and doings

Plan on touring Minnesota and have reservations for a rally/reunion outside of Duluth for a couple of days. So we thought we'd see the beginning of the Mississippi River, being from St. Louis, MO and all. Wasn't sure of the weather turning cold so de...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite State Park in Virginia

DH and I are history buffs. We have a 32'Georgie Boy Pursuit MH with toad. We recently moved to Va and want to explore the state parks with campgrounds. Any suggestions as to which ones have best CGs, and are located within reasonable distance to h...

Please Help Plan My Cross-Country Trip

Hi everyone,I am planning a trip for my family from Detroit, MI to the Fresno, CA area. This is a long-range plan; we are not going to take the trip until around June 2015. I am trying to do as much planning up front, as we would like to see severa...

jasoncw by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Destination Black Hills with RV & ATV

We have finally achieved the setup we've been after, a flatbed truck to haul an ATV and pull our travel trailer at the same time. Been dreaming about a trip to the Black Hills to hit the trails directly from a campground. This is brand new ground f...

Philidelphia

Planning a trip and will be passing by Philidelphia on the west side .. We are looking for a decent rv park convienant to Philly for a couple of days. We have a motorhome with toad. Does anyone have any suggestions. TIA

Boston

Anyone reccomend good Rv Park while visiting Boston this Sept. that might provide or access to bus tours of Boston, thanks

where to find ideal summer climate in USA?

I thought I'd pick the brains of all you seasoned travelers. :BMy idea of an ideal climate includes:high temps 85 degrees or lessovernight temps 50 or highermostly sunny weathernot many mosquitos or biting fliesWhat places in continental US do you k...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Wind Cave Nat Park, South Dakota, Who has been there?

We're thinking of visiting Wind Cave National Park in South Dakota. The brochure we saw talks about a LOT of steps. The short tour mentions 150 steps. Do you know if these are all at once or are they really spread out? I can do a flight of stairs ...

Devils Tower, Wyoming

Rapid City, Sturgis, Deadwood, Lead, Spearfish, Belle Fourche, Aladdin Wy , Aladdin, Hulett, Devils Tower, Sundance, Four Corners, Newcastle, Hells Canyon, Custer SDStopped over night in Rapid City and then on to Sturgis, Deadwood and Lead for a big ...