Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lake Erie & Ontario

Hi All,The wife and I will be traveling for the first time up around Northern Ohio and Western New York. We have a 32 ft TT and would like to stay at campsite close to the lakes. Any suggestions. We will not be taking our bikes so walking will be ...

smsmith by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Must see in KC?

We have the pleasure of taking my elderly FIL, along with BIL and his family, to his old stomping grounds around Kansas City later this summer. Had a similar pleasure several years ago, after which I told DW "never again", but I guess I wasn't seriou...

brirene by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tell me about Mesa Verde National Park, CO

I'm semi disable, I can walk but slowly with a cane. I just saw that Mesa Verde is really close to our bucket trip route next year and when I watched the video they talked about strenuous hikes and not for the faint of heart trails and I'm wondering ...

NE Tuscon for the winter 2015/2016

Hi all,We've been told that NE Tuscon is THE place to be. Been doing some research found a park called Pima/Swan. Looks ok but has anyone stayed here? Is the NE area of Tuscon good for Hiking, that's what the DH likes to do. Me not so much but ok wit...

Where to store and camp by the beach in Southern CA

Hello,We are looking for a place near San Diego,preferably by the beach, where we can store and camp with our trailer. We used to have a place in Rocky Point, Mexico where they would let us leave the trailer and they would just move it to the beach t...

Yellowstone Madison Campground to old Faithful Alert?

Having a hard time finding a good map to find out if this is going to effect us or not. Just noticed this "Park Alert". Craig Pass ClosedThe road from Old Faithful to West Thumb is closed until June 11 at 7 am Is this going to have any effect on us i...

path1 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Adirondack Mountain Camping

We are planning a trip to Acadia Nat'l Park this fall and want to stop somewhere in the Adirondacks. If you have been there do you have any information on attractions, things not to miss, and where you would recommend camping. Thanks in advance. L...

Reader1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

San Rafael Swell

Hey folks. We are planning on headed out to the San Rafael Swell over Memorial Day this year. Though I have done some hiking in the area I have never done any RV'ing. I also know that roads can be a nightmare out there when they are wet. Does anyone ...

uintafly by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

marymoor park camping

I"m thinking about getting a weekend pass for the WABL beer festival the weekend of Father's day and wanted to take the MH so I don't have to drive. What's the nearest rv park? Besides Trailer Inn's that is.Gonna be an awesome weekend of beer drinkin...

Bigdog by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Broken Bow OK Camping

Does anyone here have any leads on camping on Broken Bow Lake in OK? I've heard that the lake is awesome and we're looking for an adventure this summer. I've found a couple of state parks, but I'm looking for some first hand experience/advice on wh...

TexasATM by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Ft. Desoto , big rigs

We have reservations for this July in the 100 section of Ft. Desoto for 4 nights... I was just on Google streets and following the street view around to see a lot of signs stating - LOW HANGING LIMBS - and the clearance does look lower that usual..H...