Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lake Winnipesaukee

Anyone know of any campgrounds near Lake Winnipesaukee in NH? Looking for a pretty stay. Danforth Bay camping and RV? Thanks.

Rolo2 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Summer Road Trip to the North East

Hi,This is a follow up post from a previous one.We have decided to do a road trip in the North East. We have 4 weeks to do this trip.We'll be coming in from the South West probably through Virginia and into PA.We would like to Tour the New England Ar...

smcrea by Explorer II
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Dockweiller RV Park

We have stayed in this park in the past. Usually not a problem to get reservations. But this year I noticed that it filled up very quickly. Anyone have reservations to stay here in July that isn't planning on keeping their reservation?

Castaway RV park in Maryland

We are getting our travel trailer ready for our trip to castaway campground next week for a eight day stay, a vacation well deserved.any one else ever camp there?.

bornin49 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Big South Fork - Bandy Creek Campground

Big South Fork ~ Bandy Creek Campground A lesser known supported National Park, located in the Eastern/North corner of Tennessee and extends into Kentucky, about 1.5 hr drive North-west of Knoxville, TN.Big South ForkNatl Park ServiceCampground we s...

Harmony Lakeside RV Park

This park is located between Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens, both GREAT day trips. The owners live onsite and are very friendly and helpful. The Camp itself is beautiful. It is also very well taken care of clean and quiet.Have a boat bring it, there ...

Silverwood Lake State Recreation Area

We stayed one night this weekend and it looks pretty nice. Did a longish walk down to the lake.It would certainly benefit from a map of the trails and trail signs. We asked questions of folk we met on the trail in order to get directions.

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Current reviews Ocean Waves Cg, Waves, NC

While at the OBX in March, we stopped at Ocean Waves Cg and the dune had washed away and about an 8 ft drop to the beach. Any current reports or issues whether the dune have been repaired.Thanks.

Skylark by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

North Beach Campground Burlington, Vermont

Just wanted to share our wonderful experience at North Beach! You couldn't ask for a lovelier location for camping. It is owned and ran by the town of Burlington, the staff were so nice and helpful, even backed our new Roo in for us like it was nothi...

RMNP Fee Increase This Year

Back in October 2014, there was a proposal for a fee increase for Rocky Mountain National Park. In today's Fort Collins Coloradoan, there was an article that the fee increase is indeed going to happen, as of October 1, 2015. While it won't impact f...

Yellowstone in early August?

Is it possible to get a drycamp (or one with hookups) site in or near Yellowstone the first half of August without reservation? Looks like those bookable are booked already and there are many first come first served,but I have no experience with them...

DaveG39 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Best and nearest to beach Florida RV parks

Would like suggestions on RV parks that are close or on the beach here in Florida. We hope not to have to tow a car. Neither one of us can walk very far due to knee issues.Private or state parks.Thanks, Linda

WHR-BLUE MESA

I am a WHR member with Blue Mesa as my home CGI received a letter saying Blue Mesa has been sold and meetings will be set up to explain what that means to members. Received a call to schedule a 45 min meeting with a representative. The person who cal...

egm by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Vancouver Wa vicinity campground reccomendations?

I am looking for a nice campground in the vicinity of Vancouver Wa...the closer to Camas or Washougal Wa the better. My daughter is adopting a little one and we need to be close during the end of June and 1st week of July. I need a pull thru....Any...

hmalaga by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes