Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is solar the way to go?

Looking for some input from those of you that use solar to charge your battery. What are good kits to buy that are affordable and portable? How long does it take you to charge in all conditions? Is solar a better option than a genny? Thanks everyone!

campgrl by Explorer
  • 56 replies
  • 0 likes

Long weekend 4-5 hours Dayton Ohio

Looking for recommendations for a 5 day weekend (Wed-Sunday) to do in late July or early August. No big cities this trip... we're looking for a campground with a pool and nice sites, and a couple day trips within an 30-45 minutes of it.Day trips mig...

Any "must see" areas in the GreatL Lakes region?

Driving from Accord, NY to Mackinac Island area this July. I heard Mackinac Island is cool. My rv is 24 ft long and pulling a small car. Any rv parks near the ferry station? I know cars are not allowed on the island. Should I go up the coast and avoi...

Camping near Lancaster PA

Hello, We're looking for a campground near Lancaser. We don't need anything fancy, just clean and quiet. We're not traveling with kids, so playgrounds etc aren't important. We prefer full hookups (W/E/S). We're traveling from NJ just off I-78 so cam...

jfkmk by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

report on 2 campgrounds

We recently went to Missouri to see our 4 grand children.We picked up the 2 oldest and took them with us to St Francois State park about 50 miles south of St Louis.This is a beautiful camp ground with alot of shade.It has electric,water hydrants thro...

High altitude & cloud-free camping in mid-August?

Rather than hijack the other dark sky thread, I am starting a new one -- here is the issue: I really want to see the Perseid meteor shower on August 12-13 this year -- there is no moon, and some scientists are predicting a better than usual show (be...

First time boondocking near RMNP w/ "the view"

We will be spending a week in Fraser Colorado in the summer. We are traveling in a small Class C RV but staying in a condo. We have never boondocked before but are interested in spending one night somewhere in the area to experience it.Our goal is no...

jeffcarp by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Wayne, Nebraska

The City of Wayne, Nebraska has a beautiful little campground on South Main Street. About 10 sites, all electric. 3 or 4 spaces on concrete for those passing through. Dump site too. $8.00

Change in vacation plans

We originally planned to go to the Keys in July for 2 weeks. Made reservations for one of the weeks at two different state parks (by the way, canceled them the other day for Curry Hammock and Bahia Honda). The second week was undecided and we were st...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

South Dakota Campground

Iam currently at Chris's Campground in Spearfish, SD. I can offer a good review. Friendly staff, great wifi, excellent Cable TV, and heated pool. It is full hook up and roomy, but could use more gravel in some areas.I would like to know if anyone ...

Hiking with Google Street View

I guess I'm a little behind the times. I knew that Street view in Google Maps included runs down ski hills. (If you want another view of me, check out the snowboarder looking down and waving here) Yeah, that's me!But I didn't know that they had st...