Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

First night at Allaire state park

Well, it's still dark out as I wait for sunrise here so I can get a look around but so far the kids and I enjoyed our first nite here. We didn't arrive til about 9:00 pm which made backing in and setting up tricky, but without incident. Looking forwa...

Any eastern PA "Hidden Gems"

Hello All,Well.. as always memorial day weekend snuck up on us so fast that all of our go to campgrounds are sold out. We live in the Philadelphia suburbs and typically camp in the Poconos out to Lancaster area and sometimes along the shore. We rea...

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Place to spend summer

We are looking for a great RV park to spend the summer- we are in Texas now but would go anywhere for a fun RV park, preferably for senior's with a pool/and or river/lake. Any suggestions? We looked at Texas hill country but would consider anywhere e...

Trip to Nashville

My other half and I are leaving next Wednesday for Nashville. We live in Central Texas and plan to stay near Little Rock over night as it is about the half way point between home and Nashville. I know of a good campground at Benton AR. but would like...

CenTex by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

July for cooler weather

Were thinking of a week plus in the UP of Michigan in mid July and playing it by ear as were to stay and what to see. As a couple from St Louis in a B, and only requiring electric, we wanted to escape the heat and head north for a week or so, but a v...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Carowinds campground in Charlotte

We live about an hour from there and have never stayed, looking to go in August for a few nights and enjoy the park. I'm reading some bad reviews online and wondering if anyone else has stayed lately and can provide some opinions?

campground near Disney World

We are thinking about spending the summer near Disney World, and purchase annual passes. Although we love Fort Wilderness, we could not afford to spend two months there. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice RV park near the resort?

Tubing south of asheville. Where was I?

I took a backroad from Asheville to Atlanta and happened to drive through a tourist destination. There was a small creek that ran through town. I stopped and did some tubing. I remember a spot beside the creek that had a bunch of sneakers tied to ...

Great summer spots to stay in New Mexico?

We're considering a summer trip to New Mexico (probably northern New Mexico, where summer temps will be more moderate).Are there places that you can recommend that we should visit in New Mexico? And, are there campgrounds that you would recommend?

DHart by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon National Park

Hello Travelers,My husband and I are planning to visit Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. We have a 45' motor home and we tow our Jeep. I am having trouble finding RV parks or campgrounds for us in this area. There are several that are not b...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Refugio Oil Spill

Has anyone heard if the oil spill has affected Carpinteria Sb or Rincon or gone down as far south as Ventura ?

Stealth camping

This link was posted in TC and yes, I ripped it right off.....to share here.http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/camper-lifestyle/stealth-camping-with-a-truck-camperIf you are into the stealth side of boondocking, you may find some helpful hints.Gary H...

Denver, CO RV Parks

This June or July we are planning a trip with the grand daughters (age 4 & 6). Most of the time will be spent exploring, but we will need a park with some kid friendly amenities during downtime. Thinking something 25-50 miles around Denver. TIA fo...

4huskers by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

nickerson state park campsite info

hello all ….going to nickerson in september and have heard the campsite grades are iffy …..does anyone know where campsite info can be located or chime in with your favourites …thanks