Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Carowinds campground in Charlotte

We live about an hour from there and have never stayed, looking to go in August for a few nights and enjoy the park. I'm reading some bad reviews online and wondering if anyone else has stayed lately and can provide some opinions?

campground near Disney World

We are thinking about spending the summer near Disney World, and purchase annual passes. Although we love Fort Wilderness, we could not afford to spend two months there. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice RV park near the resort?

Tubing south of asheville. Where was I?

I took a backroad from Asheville to Atlanta and happened to drive through a tourist destination. There was a small creek that ran through town. I stopped and did some tubing. I remember a spot beside the creek that had a bunch of sneakers tied to ...

Great summer spots to stay in New Mexico?

We're considering a summer trip to New Mexico (probably northern New Mexico, where summer temps will be more moderate).Are there places that you can recommend that we should visit in New Mexico? And, are there campgrounds that you would recommend?

DHart by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon National Park

Hello Travelers,My husband and I are planning to visit Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. We have a 45' motor home and we tow our Jeep. I am having trouble finding RV parks or campgrounds for us in this area. There are several that are not b...

S-n-L by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Refugio Oil Spill

Has anyone heard if the oil spill has affected Carpinteria Sb or Rincon or gone down as far south as Ventura ?

Stealth camping

This link was posted in TC and yes, I ripped it right off.....to share here.http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/camper-lifestyle/stealth-camping-with-a-truck-camperIf you are into the stealth side of boondocking, you may find some helpful hints.Gary H...

Denver, CO RV Parks

This June or July we are planning a trip with the grand daughters (age 4 & 6). Most of the time will be spent exploring, but we will need a park with some kid friendly amenities during downtime. Thinking something 25-50 miles around Denver. TIA fo...

4huskers by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

nickerson state park campsite info

hello all ….going to nickerson in september and have heard the campsite grades are iffy …..does anyone know where campsite info can be located or chime in with your favourites …thanks

Walmart in Cottonwood AZ

Because of an incident involving a family of paranoid, belligerent crazies a few months ago, overnight parking is no longer allowed at this Walmart. This has always been a city ordinance, but was not enforced. Because of the actions of that family, t...

Jean_S by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone weather in late May/early June

Greetings,Planning a trip for late May/Early June to Yellowstone(2016). If anyone could relate their experiences with weather at this time of year it would be greatly appreciated. My DW and I are hoping to miss the large summer crowds by going at thi...

Terrible Experience

We have been full-timing for over seven years and up until now, we have never had a terrible experience with an RV park. This month, we are staying at the Willits KOA in California. We made reservations months ago and I noticed a slight snotty atti...

Lake of the Ozarks

Looking for recommendations for FHU campground in the Lake of the Ozark area. Will be traveling nearby and planning a weeks stay to play a little golf. I'm also considering Table of the Rock area near Branson but am leery of the traffic nightmares. ...