Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Report: Julian Price Campground, NC

An excerpt from the FULL REPORT on my blog:Know as “America’s Favorite Drive” or something to that effect, the Blue Ridge Parkway is a 469 mile long National Park running along the crest of the Appalachian Mountains with its southern terminus at the ...

West of Seattle day trip?

HiI'm looking for suggestions for a day trip west of Seattle. We are there for 4 days at the end of July and would like to spend one on the "coast" or islands or whatever looks good west of the city. Looking for things like a nice walk on the beach...

driving 37 ft rv

i WANT TO KNOW IF IT IS A CONFORTABLE DRIVE WITH A 37 FT RV FROM PASO ROBLES TO SAN SIMEON TO SEE HEARST CASTLE

ggrotz by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancellation of reservation, Indiana

Hey, Indiana folks, I have a question about possibly cancelling a site for this Memorial Day weekend, 3 nights, that I have at McCormick's Creek SP. The cancellation fee is $10 per reservation. This is from their page:Cancellation - Changes or canc...

Organ Pipe National Monument

Just about the only corner of Arizona we had not explored was Organ Pipe National Monument. Normally by the middle of May it is far to hot to even consider but this year has brought the coolest May in recent history. We drove the 177 miles from our...

Campground Recommendation & Activities near Ashville, NC

We're still brainstorming our trip and I think we're going to have 2-3 days to spend near the Ashville or Boone NC area. We'd like something we can enjoy the outdoors but a site with at least electricity is necessary. We will spend several days in ...

Suggestions for N. Ca and Oregon sights

So I've got 5 days next month uncommitted between Morro Bay, Ca and Bend, Or. and looking for suggestions. Already spent time in the Bay Area and Ca. coast from Morro Bay to Bodega Bay plus Tahoe, Yosemite and Sierras. But I've not spent any time a...

Dayle1 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone - Labor Day Weekend 2015

Was wondering if this is too late in the season to stay at Fishing Bridge Campground in Yellowstone ?Then we will be in the Tetons Sept. 7 & 8th with no power, can we do this without a generator ? Yes, I realize that weather is fickle and some Septe...

RoadXYZ by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellowstone National Park

Girl 16 got within 4 ft of a buffalo in a herd before being gored. 20 to 30 other tourists were within 50 ft of the buffalo herd. Took a while before rangers could carry the girl away from the herd for medical aid. Fortunately she is still alive. Ama...

Sunman, In: Lake in the Pines Campground Or Versailles SP

Looking for any reviews for this campground. Will be in the area just overnight. Can't find anything useful online. Looks nice on Google Maps but would like to hear from someone who stayed there. Was also thinking of Versailles State Park if anyone h...

hearst castle

I do not tow a vehicle. I have a37 ft class a rv and would like to see hearst castle.Is there a campground where i could get a bus to hearst castle or is there a place at hearst castle that i can park the rv? Thank you

ggrotz by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

West Side CG's, RMNP

Any favorite CG's? Don't need hookups, 21' fifth wheel. Prefer well spaced. We're there to hike, not shop. Hot showers are a plus.

Padlin by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

West Texas RV Park Advice Needed

Hello Friends,We are heading west from Austin on I-10 soon and need some help finding a nice park to spend the first night. We would like to drive 350-400 miles that day so it would put us around the Balmorhea, Tx area. Thanks!

DandM-AG by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Universal Studios Hollywood

Planning a trip in early June to San Diego then up to Universal Studios. Can anyone recommend an RV park around Universal Studios?Thanks, Jeff & Karen

jffnkrn by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Salmon Fishing Mackinaw Island area

Would like names of a few charter boats, head boats and camping areas for Motor Home in Mackinaw area. Also when are Kings or Silvers most likely to be caught?Thank you