Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

SW Florida Campgrounds

Looking for suggestions on where you’ve lived in Florida’s Southern Gulf Coast. My kids’ school got reshut down, and so did my wife’s job, so we’re gonna a take a week or so and get out of the Michigan cold. I need a family resort as I have kids betw...

alesis by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommend a campground in Missouri

We are looking for a campground in Missouri for a month/6 weeks in May. FHU, concrete pad and paved roads. Somewhere that is at a cooler elevation. Would like an open camp site for satellite reception. We know from past experiences that we pay our ow...

Branson

Looking for recommendations for a big rig friendly (easy in and out while towing a toad) in the Branson, MO area. Looking at early, mid-November and just wanting to spend 3-4 days with minimal to medium sight-seeing. All help appreciated.

mikemc53 by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Flying to the USA and shipping car

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/10242786-canadian-snowbirds-find-creative-way-to-get-to-florida-with-their-cars-despite-closed-border/I saw this article a few days ago but you may have to register to see it. In case that happens I will post the ab...

moisheh by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Canadians still crossing into the USA

Recently the Canadian Snowbird org. stated that 30% of their snowbirds are still going to travel south. I was quite surprised but after reading the article I can understand their reasoning. Many stated that due to age in a few years travel would be ...

moisheh by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Craighead Forest Park, Arkansas

Already starting to plan our April/May 2021 trip. Any one have any first hand experience with Craighead Forest Park near Jonesboro, Arkansas? Found & read a couple of reviews which all seem nice, but am looking for more info from a users point of vie...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

jenny ridge venue rv park

Hi all, has anyone stayed ay jenny ridge rv park in folkston ga, it`s near okefenokee swamp where we want to go. I have heard the park is ok but the people who run it are really nasty. the reviews i read are either ok or really bad. Anyone stayed the...

thoms by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Jetty Park, Cape Canaveral

We are heading to Jetty Park in a few weeks, and are wondering if there is anyplace close by the campground to get groceries. We don't tow a car, so would love to hear that there is a store within biking distance! Otherwise, we will stock up before...

kshayer by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking? Tell me where

I live in the vicinity of Portland Oregon and we are surrounded by national forest land. When I drive through the forests there is a hill on one side of the road and a drop off on the other. I've never seen a bare field where someone could pull off...

Durb by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Mark Twain Natl. Forest, MO

Looking to head to this area for a meetup with some friends in June next year. Any recommendations for good camping spots in this area?We will be 3 5ers all about 35ft. Looking for full hookups and things to do.Any thoughts would be much appreciate...

Martyn by Nomad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Emergency Medical Care in Yuma?

My wife is reovering from a stroke/heart atack. We usually hang out in the Fortuna Foothills during the winter, but have not acquired a good opinion of the local mediical care---basically formed by a couple of visits to the urgent care center on sout...

First visit to Quartzite

Usually do my ramblin' during the warm months, so Quartzite isn't a good choice then. This winter I decided I'd better check it out, before I hang up my steering wheel.Left from my home on the central CA coast Feb 28 and returned home on Mar 18. To...

Are the campgrounds full in your area?

I read lots of complaints about campgrounds being full to where one can't even make a reservation and I'm wondering if that is a national problem or just one west of the Mississippi.We don't count because we cancelled everything for this summer due t...

Dick_B by Explorer
  • 34 replies
  • 0 likes