Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Bluewater Lake Camping

What I hate is making reservations for camping only to find out that there was a better way. Case in point. Brantley Lake and (NM) and Belmorhea (TX). Both state parks. Both reasonably priced. We go camping there and find out there are way better spo...

TheWB by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Summer in Corpus Christi, Edinburg

I am looking for advice for my daughter. She will have a 10 week internship at Christus Spohn Hospital beginning in June followed by a 10 week stint at Doctors Hospital at Renaissance in Edinburg.We have a 5th wheel we can bring for her but would nee...

Carl G Washburne State Park in September

I am planning our 2015 camping trip for September and will spend 7-8 nights on the Oregon Coast. We love staying at State Parks as much as we can and one of the parks that I would like to stay at is Carl G Washburne near Florence. My timetable so f...

Trump5 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Sturgis SD bikeweek

We are planning a trip to Sturgis this year. We're still not sure where we are staying. We have found a motel.... but would rather take the motorhome. Can anybody suggest a campground...

booten by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

San Diego RV parks

Looking for opinions about rv parks in and around the San Diego area. The dw and I are looking for a home base to explore the Diego area. We prefer full hookups with a decent wifi.

Nashville Campground

We are traveling to Nashville next summer. Would like to hear about a good campground that you have stayed at.Thanks

NJ to FL; looking for safe stops along the way.....

Planning a trip to Ft Myers Beach in the near future, and am wondering where you guys stay for overnight stops.I read you can stop at many Walmart's and Pilot's/Flying J's, but am not how safe they really are.Suggestions greatly appreciated.Thank you

marc515 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

looking for good spots

Currently in MD an want to get out for some boondocking this summer. Hoping to find some primitive inexpensive spots in the area, PA, western MD, VA or WV. Any help would be great! ThanksChris

Ceno by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Themed Trips

Herself and myself are planning our annual themed trip. Thanks to "Longmire" we'll be going with the cowboy theme for the trip. Starting off in South Dakota, we'll travel to Wyoming, Montana, Alberta (to catch the Calgary Stampede), Saskatchewan, Nor...

Winter on Mississippi gulf coast

Long time reader first time to post. Spent winters in Florida, Arizona, and Texas. Last year ended up in Louisiana. I found the golf courses to be nice and the prices to be reasonable. It was cold but I can still play golf when dressed appropriately....