Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

big timber lake NJ

anyone been to big timber lake in cape may court house nj how is it and what are the best sites thank you

Columbus Oh campgrounds

Have to spend a several weeks to more than a month in Columbus and looking for a campground. Funny thing is I'm a born and raised a Buckeye "Hamilton" but I wasn't a camper back then, so I'm not familiar with campgrounds in the area.

pchuckie by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Imperial Dam LTVA/ dust,dirt,sand in the rig?

I'm thinking of going to the Imperial Dam LTVA near Yuma in December for about 3 months in a truck camper. Will my rig be covered in dust/dirt/sand after the three months? I'll have to camp within 500 feet of the bath house/toilet area as I don't hav...

siamsam by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daisy Barn Camp Ground -- South Shore Lake Ontairio

Hi everyone.----- Just thought I would post some info about a small but very nice, Very quiet and clean camp ground. My wife and I just spent 8-days visit in Daisy BArn Camp Ground. This is a small 36 site for R/V's and many many tent sites. The plac...

Grady23 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

shower made from garden sprayer & sink sprayer nozzle??

Can someone help me find this thread, or help me with this problem?Somewhere I saw (and I think it was on this site) a thread about constructing a camping shower using a garden sprayer and sink sprayer. The pump-up garden sprayer provided pressure a...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Brialee RV park

There's a reason there are so few reviews for this place. My husband posted a negative review on their Facebook page and it was promptly deleted. This was the worst campground experience we have ever had and we didn't even spend the night. We arrived...

suzq1313 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for suggestions for camping in Rhode Island

Hello. Im looking to explore another state in New England. I like to see Rhode Island and cross it off our list if states to visit.Looking for a full hook up campground with pool and or activities for kids ages 6 & 8. Lets here your recommendations. ...

Ryanjb01 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Fla Keys

It's been more than 30 years since I've been to the keys (in a car) and remember the narrow bridges and how nerve wracking it was passing cars. With the keys being so popular with RVers I just wonder what it could be like driving along those bridges ...

campgrounds in Washington state for big rigs

so here we are wondering where we can take our new to us fifth wheel camping around our great state of Washington, here's some information that might help, out fifth wheel is a 2007 forest river all american sport toy hauler and its 38 feet long, our...

wirenutz by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Nashville Jellystone - 50% off for August!

We are heading to Nashville for a couple of weeks and do like Jellystone Park on Music City Drive - but normally it's very expensive.DW just found a deal on Facebook for 50% any stay in August - so book by Aug 1st and your stay is half price if you m...

havasu by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocker's 7 Pin Battery Charger (& two questions)

There have been quite a few questions about the easiest way to charge batteries while boondocking, and it got me to thinking about a really cool homemade device that was sent to me a few years ago by one of the forum members (smkettner). This thing ...

Double towing

What's the consensus of double towing through Georgia and Florida,i'm debating hauling my golf cart down for the coming winter or buying one and leaving it there. The latter would be easier but I just hate spending $3000 sheckles when I have a great ...

Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park , Florida

We are looking at Rock Crusher park for the month of March 2014. We have a 35ft 5th wheel and looking for suggestions on which sites are good and those to avoid, from those that have been there. Thanks for any help.

Bangor Maine CG's

Making a quick trip to Bangor for 3 nights. Looking for a quiet campground in the area with E&W and some shade. looking for some comments from recent stays