Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Connecticut RT 84

Hi all. My family and I are heading up to NH for a week in August. I need to get to Laconia to pick up a car from Enterprise before noon on Saturday (we haven’t got our toad worked out yet) So I thought we’d try to get a few hours in on Friday night ...

kginder by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tuscaloosa, AL

Need recommendation for c/g either side of Tuscaloosa of I-20. Went to RV Park Reviews, but didn't show much, and I know not all c/gs are posted. Thanks.triptikit

cedar creek cg nj

Always past it and wonder how it is to camp their? Any info. would be helpfull, good or bad! Thanks in advance.2003 Airstream Land Yacht 30'See More. Do More. Live More.

didi by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Croton Point Campground

Last minute decision to go to NYC next week.Would like to stay at Croton Point Campground.Will I have a problem getting in there at this time?Can reservations be made?ThanksNick

ntar827 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

pocono access

Looking for a nice campground on the west side to tour the Poconos. Want something nice but not a resort. WiFi, cable, you know pretty clean. Don't want to spend all my gambling money on a bunch of stuff 2 old folks don't need. Need a little help.

blknomad by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

North Rim Question

I saw something mentioned about premium sites at the North Rim campground at the Grand Canyon. These premium sites overlook the canyon. Does anyone know the site numbers?

Jackson Hole Campground

We plan to camp at Gros Ventre for 3-5 nights but might consider a night at Jackson Hole Campground because it is so close to the Bar-J Chuckwagon Supper.Any comments on this place.

rx2tee by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Washakie RV & Golf in North Branch Mi?

I saw a commercial for this - Washakie RV & Golf Resort in North Branch, MI. Can anyone give a 'ya' or 'nay'? We usually camp at Michigan State Parks and looking to venture out. Thanks

Estes Park

We will be is Estes for a week in August and want to find a park that is somewhat of a cross between RMNP and private campgound where they stack you like cord wood. We love RMNP but want a few more conveinaces of a private park. We have been to Spruc...

TOM_F by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

souther oregon labor day

Can anyone suggest an RV park or recreation area around n. Ca. or southern Oregon that might be available over the aug 30 - sept 1 time. We are on a 5 week trip from Mi. and need to find a place during this time. No problems with campsites before an...

US Forest Service campgrounds

Sorry, this is a bit of a rant, but I also have a question.In my explorations of fire trails and dirt roads within my home county, I've come across rustic federal campgrounds that demand payment. One thing that caught my eye, the fee signs say "NO C...

RV Park/Campground Suggestions South of Seattle, WA

Hello, all. We are making a trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon in August (thanks to everyone for the great suggestions on that location), and we are thinking of breaking the trip up into 2 days to make life easier for our 3 year old (and us!). Anyway, we...

blofgren by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Smokemont, NC

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if camping in the NPS Smokemont campground would be during August. I am concerned that the temps will be to high. Also, my parents might want to go and take their motorhome. They are wondering if it is open...

Looking for a Park Home dealer in MI or Indiana

Hi All! We are residents of Lighthouse Village in Homer MI. We would like to get input on where to view/purchase park model rv trailers in the area. We are looking for a gently used or new model. We currently have a travel trailer and are looking to...