cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has anybody used RV Trip Wizard?

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Checking to see if anybody has used RV Trip Wizard or knows anything about it. Cost is $39.95, looks like it has a lot of features
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"
13 REPLIES 13

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
timandsusan wrote:
I am still using DeLorme Street Atlas 2015--but it is no longer supported thanks to Garmin buying DeLorme. The GPS routing is the critical feature for our travels. We also supplement Street Atlas with the GPS in my F250 and a Garmin GPS and an atlas. So far it keeps me off dead end streets! Also, I always read the RV parks directions on how to get into and out of their locations. Selecting RV parks is easier with RV Park Reviews and Good Sam for us but I have only been RVing 11 years.

Good info.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
I am still using DeLorme Street Atlas 2015--but it is no longer supported thanks to Garmin buying DeLorme. The GPS routing is the critical feature for our travels. We also supplement Street Atlas with the GPS in my F250 and a Garmin GPS and an atlas. So far it keeps me off dead end streets! Also, I always read the RV parks directions on how to get into and out of their locations. Selecting RV parks is easier with RV Park Reviews and Good Sam for us but I have only been RVing 11 years.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with what RoamingRichard wrote completely. Well worth the $40
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to buy a new Street Atlas at least every other year, but it is dead.
I have been trying to use Furkot , but it is still lacking a lot of the function that I have with SA and is completely missing in both RV Trip Wizrad and GS Planner. Furkot, like SA take a lot of learning to make work. Fortunately I ma old enough that my travel days will probably end before any of this really matters.

What do I miss?
I can load overlays in SA for anything I want. You get them at POI factory and convert them in 5 minutes each.
I can run an overly for Sams Clubs and Costco and fuel there and tell it I did and will predict where I should start looking for fuel again. And, if I fuel ahead of schedule to save 0.20$/gal. if I make that a fuel stop, it wrinkles that ahead to the next place to worry.
It is not hung up on camp grounds.
If we ONP early at a non campground, it tracks that too.
I have tried to do all of these with others, but never had complete success.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
RoaminRichards wrote:
I currently have RV Trip Wizard and I can tell you that I like the program very much. I have used both RV Trip Wizard and Good Sam Trip Planner. There is several differences between the two. RV Trip Wizard lists many campgrounds and RV Parks that Good Sam Trip Planner does not. It is a matter of personal preference on which program you use. My suggestion to you would be to try RV Trip Wizard yourself then decide which you like better. There is no single software program that does everything that everyone desires. I also use Google Maps, US Military Campgrounds, RV Park Reviews, etc. when planning a trip. I just returned last October from a 3,500 mile trip using RV Trip Wizard as my primary resource and it worked out just fine for me.

Safe Travels,
Herb Richards

Good info, thanks.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We used RV Trip Wizard and it was OK...but not for $40.

We like Good Sams and there are many many cg's in the software including cg's that are NOT GS's, public and private.

Having 'dates' is not an issue for us.

As someone mentioned Google maps, RV Park Reviews are also usefull.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
I have it. It's a very good tool. It picks up the slack left by Microsoft when it abandoned streets and trips.

RoaminRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have RV Trip Wizard and I can tell you that I like the program very much. I have used both RV Trip Wizard and Good Sam Trip Planner. There is several differences between the two. RV Trip Wizard lists many campgrounds and RV Parks that Good Sam Trip Planner does not. It is a matter of personal preference on which program you use. My suggestion to you would be to try RV Trip Wizard yourself then decide which you like better. There is no single software program that does everything that everyone desires. I also use Google Maps, US Military Campgrounds, RV Park Reviews, etc. when planning a trip. I just returned last October from a 3,500 mile trip using RV Trip Wizard as my primary resource and it worked out just fine for me.

Safe Travels,
Herb Richards

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
KO wrote:
Hehe, club offers for 'free'

Yes, I know, but the free Sams Club product is completely different. Looking for someone that has used the product I referred to. Lots of free stuff out there as we all know.
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

Artsville
Explorer
Explorer
you know what i don't like about the Sams Club one is that there are no dates? I have been using RVPARKY because it has dates and the campground selection is much larger than Sams Club as well.

just one man's opinion.......

art

KO
Explorer
Explorer
Hehe, club offers for 'free'

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Evidently you don't like the Good Sam Club trip planner? Not sure what features you would need to be willing to pay 40 bucks for something This club offers for free.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
here you will find the results OF A SEARCH for RV Trip wizard
https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/search/parms/sw%7Brv%20trip%20wizard%7D|km%7Bexact%7D|kl%7Bm%7D|fm%7B%7D|pd%7B365%7D|ma%7B%7D/sr/1.cfm
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind