cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

StaceyE
Explorer
Explorer
CampingBugs wrote:
parkersdad wrote:

Looks like a great campsite -- do you recall what site # it was?
I like to make note of these things (and I know others do as well) when I see a campsite that appeals to me. I have a list of places, campgrounds, and nice site numbers to try out over the years! ๐Ÿ˜„
Ludington SP is def on my list and this is actually the first campsite pic from there that I have seen. I like what I see - are they are similar or do they vary?

Ludington is one of our favorite places to camp, but unfortunately most of the campsites don't look like that. And, because it books up just about 6 months to the day we usually end up with whatever was cancelled by someone else. We love the park despite the small packed sites because there is just so much to do there.
Tom and Stacey
DD Nikki (14) and Kate (9)
Wrigley, our big black dog

CampingBugs
Explorer
Explorer
parkersdad wrote:

Luddington State Park MI

Looks like a great campsite -- do you recall what site # it was?
I like to make note of these things (and I know others do as well) when I see a campsite that appeals to me. I have a list of places, campgrounds, and nice site numbers to try out over the years! ๐Ÿ˜„
Ludington SP is def on my list and this is actually the first campsite pic from there that I have seen. I like what I see - are they are similar or do they vary?
SAFE & HAPPY TRAVELS! :B
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The 'Bug' Family
----
Carolyn & John

2006 Fleetwood Utah
2003 Chevy Tahoe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Map shows States camped in*

07PSDCREW
Explorer
Explorer
suprz wrote:

If you can get site #166 it would be better for your rig, it is a pull thru right on the river . Actually right next to site #66 . Site 66 is a back in site and is tight. My pop up is about 25 feet when open and I had just enough room for the pop up and the jeep to be parked in the site. There are some other nice sites on the river up by the entrance . Te campground is literally 2 mins from the lost river gorge attraction. We went one other time in sept and the town was having "the highland games" in the local town,and some of the contestants were staying at the campgrounds and during the day you could hear bagpipes playing in the background. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for that info! We are a huge fan of NH CG's. My wife loves any site near a brook or creek. We just finished a week stay between Jigger Johnson and White Ledge CG's in Conway area.
Thanks again!
2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB
Fully bulletproofed/EGR/ARP Studs
Reese 16k round tube slider hitch.
2000 Damon Hornet 2850BH 5er :B
Days camped 2011= 34 2012= 46

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
07PSDCREW wrote:
Hmmm well, I guess Lost River CG is next on my "to-do" list!!
Awesome pix!

If you can get site #166 it would be better for your rig, it is a pull thru right on the river . Actually right next to site #66 . Site 66 is a back in site and is tight. My pop up is about 25 feet when open and I had just enough room for the pop up and the jeep to be parked in the site. There are some other nice sites on the river up by the entrance . Te campground is literally 2 mins from the lost river gorge attraction. We went one other time in sept and the town was having "the highland games" in the local town,and some of the contestants were staying at the campgrounds and during the day you could hear bagpipes playing in the background. ๐Ÿ™‚
Proud father of a US Marine

parkersdad
Explorer
Explorer
Morrow Mountain in our first camper

Honey Bear Campground outside of Blowing Rock NC

Stone Mountain State Park NC

Luddington State Park MI

The beach at Luddington State Park MI

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
We've been to Lost River Valley Campground a few times and loved it. Picture of site 166 a few years ago. That one is a pull-in site

Dre

07PSDCREW
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm well, I guess Lost River CG is next on my "to-do" list!!
Awesome pix!
2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I love this topic! alot of beautiful campsites! here is a few pics of my favorite site so far. These were taken at Lost River Campground in New Hampshire. The site number 66 I took these while standing in the river.

This will be my site in a few weeks at Charlie Brown Campground in CT

Proud father of a US Marine

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
kknowlton wrote:
NICE parking job, Itching2go! Some of those Turkey Run sites take some real skill to get into.

Thanks. Had a good guide and a whole lot of patience. As you can see, that one tree was so close we couldn't get the awning completely up. :B
2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW

rconkin
Explorer
Explorer
Jekyll Island Campground, GA. Site G32, pull thru, 50 amp.

Driftwood Beach

2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
2007 Hummer H3 toad

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

smokedummy
Explorer
Explorer
Visiting central Texas parks this summer.
Dana Peak Park, Stillhouse Hollow Lake (near Belton TX):

Meridian State Park, Meridian TX:
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
NICE parking job, Itching2go! Some of those Turkey Run sites take some real skill to get into.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

07PSDCREW
Explorer
Explorer
Itching2go wrote:
Turkey Run State Park in Marshall, Indiana, site 225. Was back in the wooded section of the campground and a bit tight, but a great site with a lot if distance between.

I'd say that's a bit tight too! Good thing you have a rear entry!
2007 Ford F350 6.0 CC SB

bakerkids
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, neighbor! I haven't been to Turkey Run in years, but would like to go this year. We want to canoe or kayak while there. My parents used to take us to the Covered Bridge Festival. My nephew now lives in Lafayette, so we hope to all camp at Turkey Run together. Thanks for the pics. If you have more of that campground, I'd enjoy seeing them.
Me '62, DH '59, DS '89, DD '90, DD '92
1 shih tzu
Our photos

Itching2go
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying this again. Please be patient as I'm a newbie at posting pics...

Brown County State Park, Indiana, site 306...

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLSA pulled by a 2007 Chevy 3500 D/A SRW