DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Preparing RV for trip to Europe

We are planning a trip to Europe and are hoping to ship our truck (2008 Dodge RAM 3500) + truck camper (2014 Livin Lite Camplite 8.6c) from the US to Europe. Ideally, we'll be there for a few years to discover Europe and possibly Asia, so we are loo...

jornvango by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar wiring issue

I'm sure solar questions have been beat to a pulp but I just can't find the answer. I don't want to drill holes through my rv roof and found that I could easily run my solar power lines down my fridge exuaghst vent. Thus gives me great access to ever...

New Step Light

I am planning to upgrade my step light on Monaco Diplomat Qwikee steps. I would like to put a row of LEDs to light the steps. If anyone has done this let me know where you got the lights and hoe you mounted them. I guess that I will wire them to the ...

jimj by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Recepticle Install

Im new to the forum and somewhat new to RV'ing.I just bought a new toy hauler that has the generator setup and had a hardwired Onan generator but it was removed before I bought it.My question is can I wire in an RV receptacle to the existing wiring w...

Question on battery monitor for my solar setup.

Hey all, have a quick question. I bought this battery monitor on Amazon. The display panel is wireless and just powered by USB so I went for it since it gives me a lot of options for mounting.DROK Multimeter Displayhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5CWR2...

Tricon by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter install

In my never ending research quest on what inverter to install in our fifth wheel, I came across this:http://gpelectric.com/products/inverter-charger-ic-seriesHas anyone bought and installed this one yet?thanks,

Adding Aux input to Linear Series LS7600CD Player

So my wife and I, being poor grad students, finally saved up enough for a used travel trailer. We love it, but the radio with a CD player is useless to us. So I decided to add an aux cord. I figured a lot of people have this same radio in their trail...

raygun by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Programable thermostat

I have a 2014 Wildwood Lodge destination trailer. I'm thinking about changing the stock thermostat to a programable thermostat. Any suggestions on what would work. I want one so that the air conditioner will come on and cool the trailer before I get ...

Whole RV Water Filter

So today we added a whole RV water filter inside the belly of my parents 5er. We used a 2.5" x 10" whole house filter and added a 5um carbon block filter. We cut the pex after the pump and city connection comes in and spliced the water filter back ...

Ceiling fan. install advice

I haven't found any info on the search function about installing a ceiling fan in the bedroom. Beyond finding something structural, 120 volts, and fan depth, anything I should prepare for?Thx

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

My Tesla powered Toy Hauler

I have built maybe a dozen solar, battery powered trailers over the past 10 years. My plan is to make this the most powerful and advanced one I have built. I started with a new to me 2010 Heartland Road Warrior. It is a 305 RW toy hauler. It has ...

Resealing my steel roof

Well after our trip to the Yukon last September I inspected the roof and found a few spots of concern. Unfortunately our October had one rain free afternoon all month, and then (as most here will know) the winter was much worse than usual. So I am no...

MacZulu by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Insulation under the bed

Anybody use those foam insulation panels under the bed in the pass through area. Any down side to doing this, is it over kill? I can see early Spring and late Fall in the Midwest being rather cool at night

Blatz by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Cap Concrete Block RV Pad

Has anyone used the Cap Concrete Blocs to use as a Pad to park the trailer on?I wanted to make it big enough to just put the tires on and off the grass.Cap Concrete 3.6" x 7.6" x 15" wideOr they have the Concrete pavers 12" x 12" Square.Clicky Lowe's...