DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

My latest Mod

Our outside night light was blocked when we opened the door, so it was hard to see the steps.. I put a marker light on the frame behind the steps, so now they are very well light,, I also put an LED bulb in it so it draws very little power.

daveor by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice finetuning generator exhaust noise

I own a Onan Microquiet 4000 which I am extremely happy with. I have it roof mounted in a custom soundproof enclosure and for a generator it's size, I'm pretty sure this is the quietest unit I've ever "not" heard. The only noise that can be heard fro...

Our Skoolie Conversion

I figured I would show some pics of our rig Farold that my 13 year old son and I converted in 1 month (14 days of concentrated work). We decided to name the Skoolie Farold because the name means Powerful Traveler.I bought this bus 3 years ago and aft...

My version of the stabilizer struts

Been wanting to DIY struts for the front legs on our new fiver.The coach wiggles and shakes all over the place!Sooo...here's my attempt at making the struts versus buying.This is a work in progress:So far I have this manufactured...I was worried abou...

Silverado trans cooler upgrade?

I have a Silverado with a 5.3 and factory tow package. On our last trip towing the TT in near 100 degree weather, the transmission temp hit slightly over 200 a few times. Recently, while not towing and with the air temp hovering in the high 90's it...

vinyl wood planks or engineered hardwood

We are trying to make a flooring decision for our MH. Has anyone who lives in the Deep South used Allure?? Seems like pretty much all the issues I've been reading about with separation involve rigs stored up North (Oh Canada!) and the stick-together ...

Rubber roof coating

Our roof on our 97 jayco is starting to look a little worn, we bought it used privately so we don't know if it has been replaced previously but it does have a few patches on it. It does not leak and we want to make sure it doesn't start.So i have a f...

My Top 3 Mods

From time to time I'm asked to rank my favorite mods. After going back and forth on what I felt were the best, here is my list: 1. Solar Power (240 watts)2. Memory Foam Mattress (Queen Size, 8 inches thick)3. Oxygenics Body Spa Shower HeadNow these a...

looking for limit switch for refrigerator

I've added the computer fans to the coils on the back of my Dometic reefer. Now I'd like to find a source for the limit switch to turn them off when not required. Or maybe recommendations on temp. range settings to make my search more productive. I r...

btcruzer by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sliding dual 30 pound tanks.

I have a 2011 MCI D4500 and currently have dual 20 pound tanks. The mount is solid so to get to the back tank I have to move stuff and reach around the front tank.I would like to upgrade to dual 30 pound tanks and mount it on something like slides r...

MCIbus by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

"backup" light

I picked up a cheap LED flood light, 27 watts (100 watt equiv), that I would like to mount on the rear of the trailer somehow, in as non-invasive manner as is possible (no drilling). My plan is to use it for some extra visibility backing up if I get...

updating windows?

Has anyone swapped out the old crank outs for the new slider styles? I have an 81 Shasta 24' RV and wanted to update the windows.

Unconventional flooring... Works for me!

I bought a TT with some pretty good amounts of water damage to the floor, well I added plenty of bracing, cut out the bad spots, laid new OSB in there and finally decided on the flooring. I wanted something fairly easy to clean, easy to install, fair...