Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Keeping a stationary 5th wheel movable

I've got a 38 foot fifth wheeler on a permanent site at a campground. The dealer delivered it there for me, as I don't have a truck yet and have no intention of moving it anytime soon. That said, I know I shouldn't just let it sit stationary without ...

RVA_Jeff by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

filming remodel

Hello. I am renovating my 5th wheel top to bottom. Have had people asking me to post film of my renovations on Youtube. How do I do this? Any suggestions on equipment? I don't want to spend a lot of money on anything. Thanks for your Help.

sarahm by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Frame Failure

Over the Labor Day weekend, we traveled to Colorado and when we arrived at our site and was setting up, my DW went to move the living area slide out and we heard this awful pop, I looked at how we were parked and thought we may be twisted a bit due t...

Reng8d by Explorer
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

New interstate speed limits

Just returned from a road trip with the family Outback . Traveled US 93 , I 15 , I 84 . In Nevada, Oregon , Idaho and Utah. Limits are from 70 to 80mph , posted speed , well everyone is plus 10mph , myself included. My question is , while towing our ...

madbow43 by Explorer
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

NEED ADVICE, INT WALL TOYHAULER

Hello,New to the Toy Hauler world but not new to travel trailers or truck campers.I am looking for a Toy Hauler that has a separation wall between the garage and living area.I have not decided yet to go TT or 5TH.I would like to use in cold temps and...

MACHZER by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

2017 GUIDE to TOWING Trailer Life mag insert

I found this interesting: Taking the Trailer Life "Guide to Towing" I wanted to compare compatible Single Rear Wheel vs. Dual Rear Wheel towing vehicle. In order to try and maintain the integrity of the comparison I elected to use the Ford SuperDuty...

GPG52_ by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

COACH NET SERVICE OR NOT

I have Coach Net for my truck and fifth wheel. Today, I started my truck, Chevy Silverado 2500 HD and it started fine but when I put it in gear it went a few feet and died, I rolled into the driveway across the street. I waited a few hours and trie...

RVER by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Class A Toyhaulers or alternatives

Looking for thoughts, suggestions on a Class A (or C) toyhauler OR alternative. Currently own a 2016 Open Range Roamer 339, but need to change up. The Hog MUST come along!! Any ideas, folks. I do like the simplicity of a Class A over a 5th wheel.

jimd3246 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Demco Glide Ride Pinbox showed up

And it is in a pretty beatup condition with several chips in the powder coating:( Not impressed thus far... Some of the Youtube videos show the hitch articulating easily by hand but I can only get mine to slightly budge when whacking it with a rubbe...

retaining pin/ bail pin replacement

hi everyone, my problem is that on our ram 5th wheel hitch, 20k, is that I lost the retaining pin that keep the handles in place. went on line but did not find a parts list on the web site. would a rv store have them

plock40 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Toy Hauler VS Travel Trailer

So my wife and I are looking into getting into seasonal camping to get the kids off the electronics and outside more during the summer. We are big into ATVs, we have trails that connect to our land, so we started looking initially at Toy Haulers. I...

Phanes by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5500 dedicated starter battery setup ...

Long story short my electric fridge, heater, etc. still drains my bank of 6V overnight to point not enough juice to turn generator over in mornings and not much I can really do about this (out of battery room) so no real need to discuss this aspect. ...

twvette by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes