Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck bed cover....

I will be leaving my Reese 16K in the bed of the truck full time. Is there a room up cover that works with a 5th? The dealer said the trailer stands a good chance of hitting the rails used to mount the cover on when you turn. Any thoughts? Thanks, J...

Jim102 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

good sam insurance

Anyone have Good Sam RV Insurance. Looking for a good company that insures the contents also. Any comments good/bad thanks

Ziphead2 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Update: New truck/ 5th wheel height issue

Last month I asked for help regarding the new truck (2016 Dodge Ram 2500 - 2x4 Hemi) sitting 3" higher than the old 2003- 2500 Dodge. The problem was we no longer had the 6" clearance needed for proper hookup.Our 2011 Laredo fifth wheel camper has a ...

What PSI do you run in your load range D tires?

I have LR D tires on my TH. GVRW is 8000. 4200 dry and i don't haul but maybe 1000 lbs all in. For relatively light loads such as this what PSI do you reccommend. 65 is max and I'm currently running 50-55 PSI. About to put 2000+ miles on it next w...

Txsurfer by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

2 tire related questions

Asking for a buddy of mine who owns a '14 toy hauler and tho I asked him the max GVW of the RV, he said it's around 14-15k. He had a blow out w/ his China Bombs last Fri coming home and asked me about tires, so here goes.1. He has ST 235/80R16. I sug...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

gas smell

87 royal coachman 454 classA occasional whiff of gas strong in coach in few minutes it disappears parked in driveway doing cleanup prep for a runnothing turned on except shore power gas tank was filled last week propane generator no really used an...

cartrcan by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Faster Landing Gear

Finding I would like the landing gear on my 5er to be a bit quicker. It struggles at times even on full battery charge if I have the trailer heavily loaded. Its a single motor setup. What are best options out there for upgrading? Can I simply add...

Keystone or Heartland for my new camper

I am looking to buy a new 5th wheel and down to keystone Montana or a heartland big country. I am not looking at comfort features both look well made inside. I am really wanting to know about construction and also the campers I am looking at have 700...

09 Cedar 34 TSA water tank and fill/vent hose

From the basement one can see the hoses disappear through the plywood and go slightly up hill, then have to travel a good distance to the tank. It doesn't accept the water very well and once filled blows back out a few gallons. Obviously preassured u...

Toy Hauler locking gas cap

Don't remember where I asked about locking gas caps for the tank on the toy hauler, however, I was having zero results finding one. Walked into the NAPA in Forks WA as we were heading home, and showed the guy the cap. He said, looks sorta like a 73...

RideSlow by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lubing bevel gears in landing gear legs

I believe my landing gear are the standard Lippert type. I have the single motor system. The landing gear motor sounds like it's working way too hard to lift the front of the trailer. I have already drilled holes just above the first leg support b...

Njmurvin by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes