Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Problems locating repair shops for Motorhomes.

Does everyone seem to have a problem locating shops to repair class a Homes. When repairs need to be done to anything beyond the camper section. All the Ford dealers say they can't do the work on Motorhomes. No lifts big enough.

Splendide XC Combo oiling our clothes?

We have been concerned about the oil spots on our lighter colored clothes and wondering where we got them. Our latest wash cycle oil spotted the back of my favorite white shirt and I know it had to be from the washer. Any ideas? Bob

bob_b by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

New Laminated Glass vs Reseal dual pane Windows

Got the foggy window syndrome and the coach is in my heated shop. Got two windows out, wanting to fix all 6 in my passenger area. Talked to various repair shops. Want to get the opinion of real customers out there which repair they decided on and ...

Installing a slide out room in an existing coach

Hello,I recently acquired a very nice low mileage 2000 diesel pusher (45'er) with a single front room (kitchen) slide out room. I am interested in having a second slide out room (dining booth and sofa) installed in the opposing wall of the front room...

Replacing Power Gear Slide Motor & possibly guide bearings.

Our last trip the driver side slide the largest and heaviest slide would not retract. I was able to get a couple guys and myself to push on the slide while my wife retracted the slide inside. Yesterday I ran it out and it was hard to get it out but I...

Gundog by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Compact Class C

Here’s what I’m looking for. I know they exist because I’ve seen them, but I can’t seem to find any manufacturer making them new. And I’d like a new one.I’ve got a 15 year old Class A DP that I’ve had since new. Yeah it’s got plenty of space and ...

Coleman Heat Pump blowing cold air

Hey all-We have a 2015 Itasca Sunstar (Winnebago Vista) with a Coleman A/C which also functions as a heat pump.When in heat pump mode it frequently...but not always....blows hot for awhile then blows cold. Not A/C cold, but ambient-temp cold.Notes:1....

DIY Tool to Pressure Bleed Brake Lines

We have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse W24 frame. We have bad rust on my brake lines in the rear. One got a pin hole leak so I replaced all the brake lines from about 3 ft back from ABS to the caliper hoses.  The service manual says prefers ...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

5.4 E350 performance and reliability?

Looking at Minnie Winnie 22R next week. Specifications show this has 5.4 Ford Triton powertrain. I’m concerned about power on hills. Is this a dog? I also plan to tow a 3500 pound boat. What kind of reliability and fuel mileage does this produce?

engine longevity?

Seems like most c's and b's run gassers. Also seems like they go up for sale around 50 to 60 k on the odometer.So what is the experience out there. Is that all the engines have in them for longevity...around 50 to 60 k?

What model is this?

I saw this motorhome back in 2016. I saved images of the interior to my laptop, but not the exterior with the name of the vehicle. Maybe the floor plan can jog someone's memory. Mine is tapped out, lol. I can post a couple interior pics later, if n...

Counteracting bioDiesel

Well, we bought dieselacuple months ago at Flyin J in Kingmaan,Az.Did not see agreen biodissel sign at the time but it is there noww.So we have at least half a tank of B20. Our older coach doe not like Bio Diesel and CAT Rep at a rally in 2007 told e...

how long do you keep your fuel in your tank?

Just wondering?We have had our motor home since 2001, the longest that I have kept gasoline in the tank is 4 months without burning it all out and re fueling.I always put an additive in the fuel when storing it for that long.It has been a little long...

bobpie by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Is A New 2018 Still New?

I'm looking at a Winnebago Class A floorplan I like and 2 or 3 dealers still have new units from 2018 in that floorplan. Is that a problem? For example, I have read that RV tires will need to be replaced after 3 or 5 years (I don't remember exactly...