Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to buy ExtraRide extended warranty

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find where to purchase the Extraride extended warranty. I called Wholesalewarranties.com and they longer carry this product.

Do you have a recommendation of a company that you have had a good experience with selling Extraride?

Thanks,

Stuart
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014
13 REPLIES 13

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Ijust bought a 4 year plan from Wholesale Warranties. Can't comment on how they are personally, but in researching, I read nothing but positivie comments about them.
Brian

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the info, still on the hunt. It is clear that ExtraRide has the best and longest coverage however it is also the most expensive, no surprise there. I need to decide if it is worth the extra cost. The extra cost my be with it as it does seem to cover an additional year compared to other brands such as Cornerstone, StarRV.

I will report back with everything I have found. One option is also do not buy a service contract but I am a bit nervous about this. It's like Dirty Harry asked; "do you feel lucky".

Stuart
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stuart, I got my policy from Jeff Shelton, owner of Wholesale Warranties (WW). The exclusionary policy simply tells you what's excluded...if it's NOT LISTED, it's covered..simple. If you get the policy, upgrade to eliminate the CD clause..JMHO....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

grandma_lynn
Explorer
Explorer
I would not use Extraride-EVER. They have too many ways to get out of paying claims. I will put my money in my money market fund and have it saved to pay whatever needs repaired. We had a really expensive repair, was assured by both the dealer and extraride that the engine issues I asked about when we purchased our MH would be covered if there was a problem. There was a problem and not one dime was covered. Big ouch and a steep learning curve.
full-timer in training

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
S-n-L wrote:
Thanks smiranger,

I am open to alternatives. Where did you purchase or where can I purchase Cornerstone? I would like to get a quoate.

Stuart

I purchased my Cornerstone ESP from Tom Johnson's RV in Concord, NC when I purchased our current rig.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis,

Where did you buy Allegiance, not sure what WW is? What you were referring to is called "consequential damage". I am looking for a policy that covers as much as possible.

When I called Wholesale Warranties, they stated that they highly regarded ExtraRide however ExtraRide is now only selling their policy through dealers.

Also, each policy that I am looking at, at their highest level (diamond level) have an exclusionary policy. This is all such a learning experience.

Stuart
Stuart & Leslie Offer

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Unfortunately, Prizm is not renewable. I had them through the dealer when I purchased the coach and was very pleased with the service and coverage. But, when it expired, I was told they only sell through dealers with new/resale rigs. I went with Allegiance from WW as Xtraride would not waive the "if a covered part fails due to the fault of a non covered part, the covered part is not covered" clause in the contract whereas Allegiance lets you opt out of it for $75 bucks....

To the OP,...make sure it's an "exclusionary" contract.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Monaco extended care..and I have had two issues where I paid the tech and they have paid me...Yes I followed the procedure and sent the docs and all, but I had payment back in 1 week...Monaco Extended Care and Prism and XtraRide are all the same company now while they are more expensive than most (mine was not expensive as part of a settlement from the 2009 Bankruptcy stuff)...I have no beef with them and as long as I follow the rules, they do..If you have a Monaco product, they MIGHT (don't know the rules now) might be able to sell you extended care for a reduced rate...
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
Please remember you are purchasing a service contract not a warranty. Only the OEM can offer a warranty. It sounds like nit picking but in a dispute your rights are much different in court.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting! XtraRide has been reviewed as one of the best coverage plans available, but not the least expensive. Mine expires in Sept, so I have a bit of research to do..........

kalynzoo wrote:
There is a second question to be asked...Why has WholesaleWarranties stopped offering ExtraRide and why is the product hard to find?
Just wondering...perhaps the commission is low, or perhaps negative reports have impacted the product.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
There is a second question to be asked...Why has WholesaleWarranties stopped offering ExtraRide and why is the product hard to find?
Just wondering...perhaps the commission is low, or perhaps negative reports have impacted the product.

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks smiranger,

I am open to alternatives. Where did you purchase or where can I purchase Cornerstone? I would like to get a quoate.

Stuart
Stuart & Leslie Offer

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Find a dealer who sells them. Caledonia RV in Rochester, NY sells XtraRide.

While the entire subject of extended warranties is debatable, you may want to consider Cornerstone. We just purchased one of those and our research revealed they were better than many. They were certainly less expensive than XtraRide for the same coverage.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA