RV Must Haves
Have a product you cannot live without? Share it with the community!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Smartphone vs Dumbphone + Jetpack (Verizon)

I've got a mifi Jetpack and dumbphone now. Two things have happened that raise a question. A) I finally have a hard-wired internet access thru AT&T at home. Now I'm not relying on the Jetpack except when RV'ing, which tends to be a week to 10 days ...

maintenance log

I'm looking for an RV maintenance log that I can download to my computer. Any idea's?Thanks,Firedog

firedog by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Choices for wireless internet?

I'm sure this has been discussed here before but with 89 pages of results to go through and a really slow connection right now I'm just going to open a new thread. Please feel free to redirect me if this has been discussed recently.I'm the one who as...

MegA by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Dish Tailgater not working...Help!

I have been having issues with my Tailgater and Vip211k not finding satellites. It was working fine in March of this year and then about April I couldn't get it to work. We finally ended up sending the Tailgater back to King Controls (Manufacture of ...

Fire5er by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Maybe of interest to DIY'ers

Saw this on CBS this morning. I haven't checked it out thoroughly, but it looks promising, and I wanted to post it for others before I forgot about it. www.ifixit.com It's mostly Apple & 'iStuff' now, but looks to have some Droid and other things, an...

Cradlepoint vs. wifi ranger

We start fulltiming this winter and the wife needs good internet for work, who has which and what are your suggestions/recomendations?Thanks, Gregg

gscudder by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on Dish HD receiver(s)

We are new to satellite TV. Our new roof mounted antenna is a Winegard Road Trip Mission(stationary). We are looking for others' experience with receivers for our two HDTVs. Those we are considering are the Dish VIP 211k and 211z. We've been told...

RV 760LMT

My Garmin Nuvi seems to have lost it's GPX file folder so I went onto the Garmin website to figure out the solution. While there I came across this RV GPS. Looks like a good idea and I like the 7 inch screen. Anybody know anything about these soon to...

Campground WIFI or prepaid MIFI

We're thinking of extending our winter stay next Jan/Feb by working from the camper but that means I'd need reliable internet (office type work not video streaming). To complicate matters we haven't even picked a state yet let alone campground (AZ ...

mcewena by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

OpenOffice file system

I recently installed OpenOffice on my computer. Now, when I want to save an updated Excel spreadsheet, it strongly suggests that it be saved in ODF format with an ".ods" extension. Is this a good idea, if I might go back to Microsoft Excel someday?...

Gr8life by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Telgo.ca Unlimited Daily Prepaid Mobile

Hi All,This looks of interest to Canadians making short trips to USA. It may also be useful "the other way around", but I'm not clear on that.http://www.telgo.ca/It piggybacks on AT&T, so coverage may be an issue.

consumer cellular + data

Hi,looking thru here, it seems that people really like consumer cellular.What I would like to do if possible is use this + their data option,and use something like foxfi so the phone becomes a wifi hotspot as well so I can use the netbook for some b...

rickjf by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Magnadyne Rear Camera Monitor With 'Issues'0C

Hi, The Magnadyne Model M130C camera monitor on my 2011 Itasca Sunstar has been acting up for some time now. It all started several months ago with the 'muted' monitor speaker coming on full volume whenever I activated a turn signal ( the ...

Rand McNally GPS

I posted about the Rand McNally RV GPS available at Camping World in a previous post. I have used the unit on a cross country solo trip since then and here is my review on the unit’s performance. The first trip was in my Tahoe from Tampa, FL to Orlan...

KO by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Corrupt update problem

I been trying to fix a corrupt update problem for some time.I finally found out how to find it and it turned out to be an update for the printer - which is apparently not needed since the printer is humming right along.Can my problem be remedied by d...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes