cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Driving Playlist

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're gearing up to head out on the road again. I changed up some of our songs for my driving playlist and found some oldies I haven't thought about in years.

New to the list: Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf.

What is some of your favorite driving music? It would be great if you could post a Youtube link to the song for the rest of us to enjoy.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
19 REPLIES 19

stfnwuf
Explorer
Explorer
We have SiruiusXM and like the Outlaw Country station. We will also listen to the music we have on our phones.
2016 Reflection 337RLS
2016 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Food source for one very ornery cat

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Don't have an actual "Driving Music List", but as long as it's classic (spelled OLD) country, old rock n roll, or Blue Grass, I'm a happy driver. :B
Right on bukhrn!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Anything on SIRIUSXM.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We would be lost without our Sirius Radio. Leave it on the 60s till we get tired of the repiptition then go to bluegrass channel for a few hours then listen to Radio Margarittaville to satisfy our nautical roots then hit one of the country channels & so on. The whole cycle takes at least a week.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Halmfamily wrote:
I enjoy listening to comedy. I just downloaded four albums of Jeanne Robertson from Amazon Prime. Also, enjoy Bill Engval and John Pinette.

Jeanne Robertson kept me awake all the way across Nebraska one year... 😄

Engval is pretty funny too, and the earlier Foxworthy. Also... I love me some JERRY CLOWER!!! Although sometimes it's hard to see the road when you laugh so hard.

Besides comedy... Pandora is good when there is a Verizon signal, love the 60s & 70s "stations." Music of my youth. Have a lot of that on my Ipod, too.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
When Sirius first came out, they offered a lifetime subscription and I bought it. It only works on the one unit, but I have holsters for the unit in the RV, toad, my daily driver and a boom box. All three vehicles also have CD players built into the radios. I haven't listened to a commercial or a mouthy DJ for years.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
janstey58 wrote:
Holiday Road!
x2
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
When traveling mountains or out in the boonies we always smile when the Lone Ranger's 'William Tell Overture' starts playing. This happened while driving the Top of the World Highway in Alaska. It just fit the occasion.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I take 4 thumbdrives loaded with many many albums from the most current like Adele 25 and many other groups and all formats to old big band. The 2015 GMC handles the music well and I go from one to another with ease and whatever they contain quickly. Normally about 40 gigs of stuff.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Deep Purple - Machine Head.
The whole album!
Some of the best driving music ever made!
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Before our last "western adventure" our daughter got us a boxed set of stories from The Moth radio. They do nicely as a change of pace. Some of the tales are inspiring, some are hilarious, some will make you cry, but all are intriguing.

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f8VwdL5sk0/
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

charlysmom_dad
Explorer
Explorer
What about now
Lonestar
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't have an actual "Driving Music List", but as long as it's classic (spelled OLD) country, old rock n roll, or Blue Grass, I'm a happy driver. :B
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund