cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A different type of RVing

cpurves
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I photograph dog shows in BC and Alberta. We typically travel 15 to 20,000 KM a year to the shows.
We usually live on the site with all the exhibitors and other vendors.

Last weekend we were at the show in Prince George BC and next weekend are heading to Campbell River on Vancouver Island.

This is the showgrounds in PG. You can see all the RVs around the edge and the 3 rings in the middle.

Here's our trailer setup with the dog fencing so the girls can have outside time while we are camping

We shoot the photos and then put them up on our viewing stations
Here you can see the two computers I use as a server and to print the photos. The three in the background are viewing stations for the customers to see their photos

This our tent with our trailer beside it.

This is the finished product. We print on site with a photo printer so the customers leave the show with their photos. This little guy went away with two Best In Show wins on the same day.

We always have lots of fun at the shows. It's long days and tiring but it's a good tired. We've met so many great people at the shows and
always look forward to seeing them at the shows

Cheers
Chris
Old dog learning new tricks.

GMC 3500 crewcab longbox 4x4 duramax
Cougar 310SRX - we use the toyhauler for our photo equip
www.photos-now.ca
12 REPLIES 12

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Just a word of caution for others thinking of pursuing their dreams: our RV insurance (Auto Owners) was very specific that our motorhome (any RV, I think) NOT be used for any kind of business or commercial pursuit.

I still applaud the OP for a nice setup!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

cpurves
Explorer
Explorer
scroller95969 wrote:
Do you show your dogs at the shows also? Wife has been wanting to do dog shows with our dog sign products but we travel with our papillon and was wondering if they allow dogs that aren't registered for the show on the grounds.

Hi Jeff:- We don't show our dogs. We're too busy with the photography. In Canada we have to register our dogs as exhibition only. Not sure about the US but usually dogs must be registered as exhibition only to allow them on the grounds. The fees are less as exhibition, usually half or less.
Lots of our shows have vendors. Depending on the products some do very well.

www.photos-now.ca

scroller95969
Explorer
Explorer
Do you show your dogs at the shows also? Wife has been wanting to do dog shows with our dog sign products but we travel with our papillon and was wondering if they allow dogs that aren't registered for the show on the grounds.
Jeff & Lori
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 22B - Chevy chassis
10' Wells cargo trailer
Gracie Mae - our 9 year old Papillon

Okie_in_Wyoming
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for sharing this with us. It is exciting to see how others "live" in their RVs and the travels they take.
I bet that the people showing their dogs are very happy having pictures taken at the events.
Kudos!
Smiles across the Miles
Darling Husband
2 Wonderful Dogs
And Me
2007 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab(Diesel)
2010 Cougar 276RLS

JustinJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s a very nice to see when people live on the site with all the exhibitors and other vendors. Always concentrate a little more on the RVs that are most suited to the full-timing lifestyle.

PGR_Skye
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing! Sounds like lots of fun doing something you enjoy.
Darrell & Madonna
Furkid, GSD Sigfried
2001 Patriot Thunder by Beaver
Jeep Grand Cherokee

cpurves
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Wayne:- some have electric, and some have water somewhere on site. But mostly it's boondocking.
We have to have power at the outdoor shows and are lucky enough to have power for the computers and printer at all of our outdoor shows.
Cheers
Chris

www.photos-now.ca

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
cpurves wrote:
My wife and I photograph dog shows in BC and Alberta. We typically travel 15 to 20,000 KM a year to the shows.
We usually live on the site with all the exhibitors and other vendors.

Chris - thanks for sharing! I guess (as someone else said) combining both RVing and photography is like having the best of both worlds and getting paid for the trouble as well.

I have one question - do these campgrounds have RV hookups (electriciy, water, sewer / dump stations) of any kind or do you have to boondock while there?
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

mudhound
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yes! Just when I thought I had seen it all. Really, one can use these RV's for all sorts of things.
:C

God Bless

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice set-up and looks comfortable for everybody. We have friends who used to do similar for sled dog racing. I find it so interesting how many different ways people can adapt their RVs to all the varied interests and uses!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Met a couple years back with a Prevost towing a photo studio trailer. They photographed hot air balloons and participants.

Nice when people can figure out how to combine passions.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cheers, Chris. Looks like great fun!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus