cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ADCO Covers

surfride
Explorer
Explorer
I have had absolutely no luck with ADCO RV Covers lasting longer then a couple of years. My newest ADCO cover, made with Tyvek (which is good stuff) is disintegrating at the seams. It is not Dupont/Tyvek its the way ADCO assembles the cover.

I spoke with Victoria at ADCO and they refuse to stand behind their product and accept the fact the thread they used cannot handle the elements, this thread rots and the cover falls apart.

Here is my blog post, complete with pictures, please read it for more info.
http://davedold.blogspot.com/

Thanks.
~surfride
14 REPLIES 14

gazingm42
Explorer
Explorer
Living in higher elevation with harsh sun, cold winters, wind, snow and ice followed by more wind and snow. We have not seen the seams come apart. What we have seen is tears on the corners, even with the best foam protection the wind
just does a number on them.

I have elected the 2 year extended warranty from CW which I believe is 79.00 for 2 years. So it covers tear, rips, etc. So ever 1 year 11 months I take it back for a new one and pay another 79.00 for 2 more years. It is now like a $40.00 "rental" fee for the cover... LOL

RVMike
Explorer
Explorer
Ours usually last about 2 years and turn to dust, They are cheap on Amazon. My 11 year old MH looks new. Cheap insurance here in Ca.

johncsmith427
Explorer
Explorer
We got our ADCO cover and it has lasted three years on average. We got ours from rvcovers.com
Sites I follow:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRTQUJWAFkzsxNbFriAZnYAhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRTQUJWAFkzsxNbFriAZnYA
http://www.rvcovers.com/

cacoon
Explorer
Explorer
My first one lasted 3 months, I bought warranty, after some wrangling they replaced with new, I was told I could buy another warranty for the new one. I told them the warranty I bought was for lifetime through camping world. NOT it was one item on the warranty that was one replacement only. Second one was destroyed in about 3 months. ADCO and both Camping World didn't seem to care. I'll do without.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Sunshield tarps to cover the top and parts of the sides. Should hold up well with silver side up.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live in the Sierra Nevadas. Above the snow line and we still get hot summers. Windy all year.

I've had 3 ADCO covers. Never had one make it a full 12 months. And I've never been able to get any of them replaced by ADCO. One dealer gave me my money back when he got off the phone with ADCO on my behalf. Said he is going to stop dealing with them due to crappy customer service. That's just one guy, I'm just one guy, but THREE covers??? I'm done with them. Can't find another one I think will be any better though. It's just rough weather up here I guess.

stein4
Explorer
Explorer
I had an ADCO that lasted for about 2 years - bought a goldline cover a few years ago. Really like the goldline cover.

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Its' the sun, they just turn to dust. Here in So Cal I even got the upper one with the white tyvec top. The side that gets the sun is done in just about 2-3 years depending how much it's on the TT. I think the cover would last longer inside a covered storage with no windows. There is a big tag on my cover that says "Made In China". At least the cover doesn't kill the TT. The cover for my TT costs about $350. If it lasts 24 months that's about $15 a month.I don't care what they say, putting that thing on and off is a real pain and that's when they fall apart.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

Joe_wee
Explorer
Explorer
Where can item one for a sonic 200 2015 ?

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking 9 or 10 yrs for mine, starting to show it's age...I've got a few rips now from the TT rain gutters, and a couple more rips from where I was shoveling snow.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My ADCO is ten years old and other than a few places where is snagged on a sharp edge, it is in excellent condition - thread and all.
Maybe it's a UV thing.

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
I've had mine 4 years. The Tyvek has held up well to 4 NW winters. Maybe its different with hot dry climates.
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Must be the sun you get. Here in New England I get rips in the sidewalls from wind and sharp edges, but no seams falling apart. 1st one was Tyvek, lasted 6 years. I'm 2-3 years on the 2nd and no issues as yet.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry about your problems. I've been considerably luckier with mine; had it since '08, although I did skip using it a couple of years. I'm sure I don't get near the strong sun you do though. Hope you have better luck in the future.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard