cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

average age of rver

West_Beachhouse
Explorer
Explorer
I am taking a poll of the average age of an travelor rver.
What is the average age of someone towing a travel trailer?

How long on the road?

Thank you for your responses.

West Beachhouse
60 REPLIES 60

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
55 here started at 25 (DW same age) bring our nearly 1 year old grandson with often but he isn't pulling the trailer yet. But he is walking & wide open.............maybe next year..

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
37 and 38.

Tent camper since early twenties. Moved onto a TT after the third child at the age of 32 and 33.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

2dogtravellin
Explorer
Explorer
55 here, DW is 44. We got the MH 3 years ago so we could travel with the dogs. Neither of us realized how much we would love it. Moving up from a 21ft to a 24ft this summer.

I'd spent years backpacking and she used to go in a PUP with her family as a child.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
63 and rving or tent camping for 45 years.
pawatt

des04004
Explorer
Explorer
I am 28 and have been RVing my whole life with my folks. My wife is 24 and we are now on our fourth trailer in 2 years (first one was 1992 bought it for $2500 and sold it for $3300, second one was a 1995 that burned to the ground six weeks after we bought it. Last was a 2011 Wildwood that we just sold for $300 more than we paid for it and pick uo our new 2014 Jay Flight on Friday).
2008 Ford F-250 Larait V10
2011 Forest River Wildwood T27BHSS (sold)
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32TSBH

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm so old we didn't have dirt. Had to bang rocks together for dirt.
Won't swear it is correct but it seems most/many go from a Trailer to a Fifth Wheel and then a MH as they get older, Less trouble setting it up. Know quite a few, older than me that still pull.

galtgirl
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 67 & DH is 64. We've been married 22 years. We started tent camping before we got married. Bought a 24ft TT in 1997 and a 5th wheel in 2003. We lived and worked in the 5er until 2007. Planning to buy a new 5th wheel next winter and start full timing again in 2015. The only thing that would stop us would be health problems too severe to let us travel.
John and Carol Beckman
USN SKC RET (him) RN (her)
Lola & Ava the French Bulldogs
Sacramento, CA

2015 Heartland Bighorn
2017 Silverado 3500 HD High Country

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a Layton 21' TT in '69 when I was 31. We are now 75 & 78 and still RVing.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

bigwheelsturnin
Explorer
Explorer
we're early 60's...bought mini MH..in 2001..next was a C..now ..A..
livin in here for work in SC..almost 7 yrs..
goin FT...this year... =-O
we call it...ridin the gravy train...

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our first real RV in 1998 and we are 73 1/2 and 71 1/2. I started camping in 1949 with my next oldest brother and the DW in 1950 or 51. When our daughters were 4 and 5 we borrowed her folks Ford Falcon and took our first real vacation. Using a borrowed car, Coleman camp stove, and tent, then we graduated to a VW Squareback or two and then a semi converted VW van. All the time tent camping. When we were retired we bought the Bounder, actually I was retired and I said to DW, "DW I said, I'm going to buy a class A motorhome and travel, you can either come along or have fun working".

She spent a small fortune furnishing the Bounder, probably as much as we spent for the VW van when it was new. We did some short trips and one to Lake Suswap in BC and have been traveling ever since. We're leaving on our 53 wedding anniversary for Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky. When we return we will have camped in al 49 continental states and of course I foolishly proposed on the rim of Hanama Crater with a full moon behind me, so we've been to Hawaii a few times too. We will have less than 10 National Parks left to visit when we get home.

We are looking at buying a newer MoHo, decided that there would be a lot of advantages to say a 2006 to 08 Class C with a slide or two from El Monte RV Sales instead of a new Class A that we desire. As much as I have written about our DGKs and how they love traveling with us, they are teens and developing social lives and we get maybe a week in spring with them but summer time is over planned by the Mom. That's my opinion only. So a $80K to $100K dollar MoHo may be silly.

So that's our story and we're sticking with it.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

pistolpeter55
Explorer
Explorer
Tent, popup, small tt, now a 30' FW. DW and I are both about 64 and spend about 5 months a year on the road.
Pete and Di
Wildcat 28RKBS, F250 V10, 6.9L extended cab
Enjoying life, retired and on a long road trip, finding new mountains to hike, new trails to bike, and new water to kayak. ๐Ÿ™‚

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am 57, been rving since 2001 at the age 44. Our Chaparral is 36' from nose to rear. We started out with a 30' TT, then went to a 33' TT. The Chaparral is our 3rd and hope to have it for a long time. We are getting ready to hit the road for at least a month or two.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Started RVing at age 27, wife years before with her family. Been fulltiming going on 9 years. Will be 64 next month, bought 1st motorhome 32 years ago.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

az350x
Explorer
Explorer
We're 45 and 39. Been out of RV'ing for about last 4 years, but just bought our first TT last week.

First RV was probably 12-13 years ago.

This is our 8th RV- previously we've owned 2 Class C mohos and five toyhaulers (2 fivers and 3 bumper pulls).

Probably more info than you really wanted, lol. ๐Ÿ™‚
Pack out MORE than you packed in!!

2001 Ford F350 Crew cab short bed 4x4 Powerstroke
2013 Forest River Surveyor SV305

JEBar
Explorer
Explorer
I'm 67, wife's age is highly classified ..:W.. the last time I didn't have a camper was 1964

Jim
'07 Freightliner Sportchassis
'06 SunnyBrook 34BWKS