RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lexel

I found this to be a cross between super glue and caulk. The drip rail came loose on our counter top, so I asked the local ACE hardware guy to advise what to use, great product, it clear, doesn't yellow and is used just like caulk.

Tom_Barb by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

CAMPING ON GOVERNMENT (OUR) LAND

Escapees News Bulletinby Jim Koca, Advocacy DirectorAs some Escapees are aware, a bill has been introduced in the United States Congress, HB 5204, entitled The Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Modernization Act of 2014, which will allow fees to b...

boydrkb by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh Tank System ?

I filled the fresh tank today in preparation for camping. It took almost ten minutes of running the pump for the system to pressurize. We have used FHU all summer and last October was the last use of the internal system, besides winterizing and drai...

pitch by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Best way to tie down canapy

While I have the manual canopy extended what is the best way to tie it down.I wish to keep it extended most of the time while wintering in southern Texas.Any assistance is most welcome.Thank you

I can't believe I...

Boiled one of my batteries over! I have always checked my batteries in the beginning of the season and halfway through it and added water as needed. This spring they didn't take any water and I thought that it was strange as both usually take a coupl...

mguay by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Need 2 trailers-opinions wanted

I'm starting to look at my towing needs over the next six months or so and I will likely be getting a couple of trailers including a car hauler and a Travel Trailer or a Fiver. The car hauler will be up to 9000 lbs loaded with the tractor/classic ca...

RV Broker came to our house

We are brand spankin' new Class C owners. We bought our coach from a dealer a week before we flew to Alaska for a two week vacation. While we were gone, a note was left on our front door asking if we would be interested in selling. Our son, who was ...

Equalizer Bolt Head Sheared Off

My husband just went out to clean up our Equalizer hitch and found that the head of the angle set bolt has sheared off completely. We have no idea how this happened. Has anyone ever heard of this? Any ideas on how to fix it? We had hoped to take ...

Looking for battery charger advice.

Hi guys,This is not really for an RV so to speak (going in the van), but I am looking at purchasing a small, inexpensive inverter generator to charge a 60-120 A battery bank. That is all the gen will be used for. I really want a Progressive Dynamics ...

Guysakar by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic buys Atwood

Well, I didn't see that one coming-Dometic has signed an agreement to purchase Atwood Mobile Products for an undisclosed amount, a deal the company expects to broaden its product line and North American customer-base, the companies announced Tuesday....

manufactured rv port homes

Has anyone heard of and been to lily Lake Golf Resort in Frostproof Florida? My DH and I love the idea of the manufactured rv port home. What a great set up. Wanting this type of set up but closer to the the beach. Atlantic or Gulf side doesn't matte...

pullrite 4400

i recently bought 5er that came w/pullrite slider 4400 hitch...previous owner towed w/shortbox...i own a 2500hd LB..will this hitch work ok...i hear its a great hitch and i know i dont need it w/LB but hey it was included...your help will be much app...

Thanks to Coach-Net and others

On the Thursday before Labor Day, we left Baltimore for a long anticipated camping trip to North Bend COE park, in southern Virginia. To bypass Washington DC, we planned on taking RT 301 all the way to the I295 around Richmond. While driving through ...

Chevy Trailblazer 2007

I have been using a Jeep Cherokee as my toad. It has worked great. I have a 94 Newmar Mountainaire 460 ford, 37 foot, one slide. I believe the trailblazer is heavier. I don't know how bad an effect this will have. Can anyone advise or direct me ...

eldondo by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes