RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator on RV tongue

I would like to permanently mount a generator on the tongue of my RV, but I would like to have some type or permanent cover/weather protection. Any ideas on how or what I could do to accomplish this?

Tire presure for SRW with 19.5 G rated tires?

Getting conflicting advice on what TV tire pressures to run. Truck is a SRW F-350 with aftermarket Vision Hauler 19.5 x 7.5 wheels. Tires are Coopper Roadmaster 245/70-19.5 G rated at 4520 lbs. @ 110# Towing Toy Hauler in sig, +/-14k# loaded, approx...

First trip Calgary to Phoenix - advice needed

We're fairly new to rv'ing, and will be towing our new travel trailer (35') to Arizona from Calgary within the next month or so (Sept/Oct 2014). We're planning on taking Interstate 15, to Salt Lake City, and then over to Las Vegas, then down to Phoen...

rocky49 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

TV Cable Wrench/Tool

Search turned up what I've already got:Looking for wrench/tool for TV cable that has a collar at the connector nuts. The tool I have won't fit over the collar on the new TV cable I had to get.

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Downsizing

We have been camping for over forty years and went from a tent to a trailer to a motorhome and finally a fifth wheeler. Now that we are in our seventies, we would like to find something easy to travel with I was thinking of a van that would have a b...

tolter by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

New toilet

I am wanting to replace the toilet because a taller one is needed and I wanted to replace the seal to, possibly, with an odor problem. Any idea if all brands work with a R-Vision Trail Lite?

dstone by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Satellite for class "A"

I have just purchased a 2005 Newman Kountry Star 37' that has no TV antenna. I am considering getting the Winegard Road Trip Minimax RV satellite RT8000T but would like comments on if this is the way to go or is a stationary dish better since I am t...

Golf_Guy by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Long Island NY Dealer??

Hello everyone, I am a second generation travel trailer owner and ready to bite the bullet and buy a new trailer for the first time. After reading a lot of posts by others, it is clear that the dealership customer service is almost more important th...

Water Heater Pilot Light Issue

Hey, has anyone ever had a problem with their pilot light being lit, but won't light the gas? The gas will turn on and there will be a about 30 to 45 seconds go by and then the space will fill with gas and BANG - it will light the excess gas. The p...

Question on how long RV Antifreeze is effective in lines

I winterized my 5th wheel last fall by blowing out the lines and using RV Antifreeze. Due to various issues I was not able to take it out at all this year. My question is should I replace the antifreeze with fresh or will it be good for the winter as...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

What Weight Distribution Hitch

Hi everyone, i'm in the market for a new weight distribution hitch for my F350 to pull a 30' 7600 lb trailer (wet). As this will be my first weight distribution hitch I'm looking for opinions and suggestions on what I should purchase based on my setu...

jaydub74 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes