RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ham Radio enthusiasts

Are there any other Ham radio operators/ RV enthusiasts out there? I imagine there is. If so please reply with your call sign and location. If there is enough of us, maybe wecould get our own forum. Also share some things about your mobile setup. Tha...

jrwhited by Explorer
  • 66 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Clearance website

Noticed a couple of months ago that my bookmark for the AITA Low Clearance website no longer worked. It is still there, just the website has been redesigned. If you go to the AITA website then click on Information here then click on the state.I use t...

2hams by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible RV Roof Idea

Maybe this has been posted before , but here goes. What would be the problem with major RV manufactures NOT using a rubber roof products on the roof , but using a spray like Line-x , Rhino coat, or another product used in the box of PU trucks? It is ...

DaSu by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Rant: low hanging trees on city streets

Getting around city streets is usually no problem for us. Driving on a street with lots of trees and you can see where larger truck trailers keep the branches trimmed usually around 13 feet 6 inches. Or if there is a low clearance signs are posted a...

path1 by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

RV at the Drive-In Theatre

Went to our first drive in movie last night.. why it took so long who knows! Perfect for us with a 5 and 2 year old boys. The wife and I got to thinking later it would be perfect to take our Class C. Put out the awning and the spacing with be perfect...

Kitchen exhaust fan

So, after several trips in our first travel trailer, I've finally identified a source of air leakage - the kitchen exhaust fan. When the fans not running, and particularly if the trailer is broadside to a prevailing wind, we get a lot of incoming air...

winterizing dump valves

after final tank dump, do you leave valves open, close valves, or close valves and pour in enough pink antifreeze to keep valve seal wet??...tia

WEIGHT Question (toad @4800 lbs)

It's confuseing... I can do the math and I still get the gut feeling that I may have figured it wrong. My 96 WINNIBAGO Itasca Suncruiser 32 r.q. has a GVWR of 1700 lbs. My toad (2000- nissan frontier) is 4900 lbs. I am having doubts on just how much ...

Flexible Cutting Sheets - Defrosting

I remember reading somewhere that to make it easier to defrost the "Frostfree" freezers in the RV some people had used those flexible cutting sheets on the back wall of the freezer. Being that we full time now, defrosting has been a major pain in the...

huntram by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

I am SO disappointed in Texas Parks and Wildlife

This is not my first rodeo! I'm retired, experienced, have done volunteer positions with TPWD before, in excellent health and will pass any background check: so why? Why have I responded to 8 open volunteer positions, and have received only 1 respo...