RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need Pull-Rite hitch advice.

hopefully one of y'all out there actualy own one these hitches and can give me your opinion.So I finaly installed my $200 Pullrite hitch found on craigslist and when I hitched it up to get the lower roller to have firm contact with the rail it took e...

Towing Question

Question you guys might be able to answer. We have been looking at travel trailers for the past year and are getting closer to buying one. We were at the Hershey show this past weekend and found a few that we really like. A question that no one ha...

GSP9 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Heavy Duty DC Portable Air Compressor

Our portable DC Air compressor has passed away and we are looking to purchase a new one. It must be able to air up trailer and truck tires. So, let us here from the traveling experts on what you recommend. We need to get it soon before our Fall/Winte...

Towing a 5th Wheel with F250

We are considering a 2012 F250, Diesel, 6.7L, V-8, 3.55. According to Ford specs, limit for towing a 5th Wheel is 15,200. The FW that we are considering has a dry weight of 9090, and a GVWR of 12,305. We will be doing weekends and some week long tr...

flat toeing 2012 wrangler

I have not yet found in any resource if when towing this rig I need to have the key in the on position to prevent steering wheel lock.?? If so can any one suggest a battery disconect switch?Moved to Dinghy Towing forum from Towing.

2013 Jeep Rubicon and Blue Ox Patriot

With regard to dinghy towing, I had (A LOT) of problems following Blue Ox directions as to plugging Patriot into jeep electrical--including my jeep ending up at the dealer for 3 days after battery ran down and computer reset (and unable to start) aft...

cougle by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Acme EZ Tow Dolly & Chevy Cruze

I just purchased an Acme EZ Tow Dolly for my 2012 Chevy Cruze. This is my first time to use a dolly and could use some help with a couple of questions. The Cuze is Automatic so dolly was my only choice .The Cruze manual says to put in Park and lock...

jhites by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Microwaves & Food

In a book I was reading the other day the author alleges that cooking foods in a microwave oven affects their nutritional value. He then proposed an interesting experiment:1. Plant a few seeds in two separate containers with equal types of soil.2. Wa...

mr__ed by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

help. camper full of mildew

We live in Georgia and have had a very wet summer. Our 34ft 5th wheel has been covered since June. We have not had the chance to get out with it all summer and now are going next week on vaca. Imagine our surprise when we uncovered it today, went ins...

pjkn by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Potti Odors

Greetings,For controlling those odors eminating from the "throne... I found a product via an advertisement. The name is POOPOURRI. That name summarizes it's function. It works by a spritz of spray on top of the water. A film developments onto the ...

buta4 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes