RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Toilet flapper thingy

Oh junk, the toilet flapper thingy won't budge. And this after a major deposit of the Captain's log. :B Imagine my disgust when all I could do was dive in with a screw driver in hand to immerse the tool beyond the unmentionable you know what to get...

Registration expired - should I worry?

My TC is registered in WA state.Due to storm damage (while in another state) several months ago it was declared "totaled" by the insurance co. They notified WA DOL that the vehicle was salvaged.I agreed to a buy-back deal with the insurance co and th...

unbob by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp fire smoke

Being this is a "hot" topic lately that I'd share this. My Brother in law had his campfire going sun up to about 10:00 at night for 5 days. He is one of those that brings about 3/4 load of wood and for 5 days burns. That was 3 weeks ago. Today was...

path1 by Explorer
  • 46 replies
  • 0 likes

Heat Coil

Receiving a new trailer next week, Outback 323BH. Saw an add on for the AC, a heating element. Thought it would be a great idea for the cool mornings, just to knock the chill off. I know this is counterproductive if in freezing weather, since the ...

Colorado Aspen Leaf info

Just returned from several days camping between Divide, Co. and Cripple Creek. Some leaves started to change in past two days. In that area, at 9500' to 10,000' elevation, it will probably be great in 7-10 days.

IDman by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese goose box

Has anyone tried the reese goose box to tow a fifth wheel with a goose ball hitch? Our tow vehicle still needs to pull our horse trailer and now we have a 5th wheel. Tried convert a ball but don't like the ride

Nancy_v by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New 5er

Hello all. So I am new to towing a large trailer with a dually and was wondering what people think as far as single or dual pivot 5th wheel? I have a 2005 F350 CC LB DRW Diesel built up. I will be hauling a 48'CTS 10' tall 21k gvw toy hauler. Input p...

Anyone paint over the brass fixtures?

It appears a lot of mid-2000's motorhomes come with brass fixtures. Has anyone painted over them along with the metal on the shower stalls?Or would it be easier to replace all fixtures and then just paint the stall?

EricGT by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Cold Weather Camping - How cold is too cold?

We're trying to decide whether or not to take our annual trip to metro-Detroit in late April next year. It looks like average temps are 36 (low) to 60 (high). We have a Rockwood 8312ss with a ducted heating system, enclosed underbelly, and heated w...

Need Pull-Rite hitch advice.

hopefully one of y'all out there actualy own one these hitches and can give me your opinion.So I finaly installed my $200 Pullrite hitch found on craigslist and when I hitched it up to get the lower roller to have firm contact with the rail it took e...