RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electronic Bug Swatter

Is it wrong that I love to use this? First saw one this past Labor Day down at my brother's place on Lake of the Ozarks. We had a great time swatting and zapping the bugs.This link says to keep out of reach of children, but our kids loved using it to...

Stain glass "windows"

Over the summer, I have seen many RV door windows that appear to be stain glass. I have found window film for that look, but the film is only for smooth glass. My RV door window is "non" smooth and frosted. Can any one help me?

Glad I Didn't Get a Dog

Some of you might remember that a few months ago I sent a post saying that I was a solo RV'er and was wondering what peoples' advice would be about getting a dog. The responses were in a slight majority advising against it, and so I decided to put i...

CR-V FWD towable?

We currently tow a 2002 CR-V AWD and have done so for many a mile without a problem. It's getting near time for a newer model, so we are considering a 2013/14 CR-V but with front wheel drive rather than all wheel. An auto trans is a must. Are the FWD...

vector by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance re-visited....

Just wondering... 3 simple questions...1)What factors did you use on determining how much insuranceis enough ? 2)At what point in the life cycle did you reduce (or maybe increase)coverage ?3)Did your insurance needs vary when the unit was "paid off" ...

cdlaine by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Inner slide rubber "wiper" came off

Gang...I've found my inner rubber slide wiper has come off in the closet slide on our rig. The rubber itself is undamaged. It looks like it was originally held on by what almost looks like 2 plastic rivets into the aluminum framing in the opening. Th...

Exceeding the GCWR

Hello, I have the 2014 Via 25Q. Fully loaded with water, fuel and 2 adults, my GVWR is 10,970 lbs. This leaves me with 4,280lbs for my tow, a 2008 Rubicon. If my math is correct, I am over 460 lbs or 3% of my GCWR which is 15,250 lbs.My question is t...

reese 45022 receiver for chev 2500

the factory hitch on the "010" dura max is cracking at some of the welds. looking to change to the reese. can an one comment if this will be an up grade over factory hitch.have 5 year 100000 bumper to to bumper warrantee on truck. not sure i want to ...

RV Boondocking on city streets - where is it legal?

So where could you sleep in your motorhome on city streets overnight and not get harrassed by the local police department?I'm planning a nationwide tour by motorhome and would like to know what cities allow RV sreet boondocking.I know California it's...

value of locking hitch pin?

Yesterday I had to cut off the locking hitch pin that was holding on my blue ox towbar. I bought the RV last year and the locking pin was one thing I hadn't checked to see if I had a key for. At any rate, I figured I'd try a sawzall to cut it off.....

Broken Snap-Up Bracket

As I was unhooking today I broke the pipe hook (don't know the exact name of this piece on the bracket) off. Has this happened to anyone else. Kind of shocked that this occurred. Anyone know where I can get a replacement for cheap? The bars I have ar...

Woolaroc by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Busted For Travelling With Propane Tanks?

My brother checked in to a local CG yesterday, setup and then went out to dinner. When they returned they found out they had no water. Turns out somebody in the park had backed into their water spigot and broke the line so they had to shut all the ...

Tinting TT windows

Our new TT came with night shades. We are considering tinting the windows or replacing with day/night shades. What we want to accomplish overall is privacy during the day, less heat inside and still maitain a view outside. I came up with pros/cons...

Cecilt by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes