RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Selecting new TT Tires

I need to replace one of my TT tires because of a blowout. So I’m looking at what to buy. Currently they are radial 225/75/15 Load Range D. In looking at these they have a max weight of 2500 per tire. Since my TT weighs close to 10K that would mea...

Boarder crossing insanity - CBP gone crazy...

We've been taking a TT across the US/Canada border for years. We have Nexus and are "pre-cleared" for higher security. We always use the Pacific Highway crossing in south Surrey, BC. because it's the closest one. Have been crossing the border for ...

How muddy is it?!

Is anybody at Indy? Camping lots for the Indy 500 opened this morning. We plan to roll in to Lot 2 (grass lot across Georgetown Rd. from Gate 6) about noon tomorrow. Wondering how bad the mud is. Are folks able to get into the lots?

Tal_IL by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

FIRMAN P03615 generator Recall

This may be of interest to some:This recall involves FIRMAN P03615 generators. The gas powered portable generators are yellow and black and areequipped with remote start up to 165 feet away. The model number P03615 and date code 10/2018, 11/2018 or 1...

2112 by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What was the biggest flub on a trip?

We always set our items we're loading next to the RV door. On a Thanksgiving trip some years ago, for some inexplicable reason the cooler with the turkey and other refrigerator foods was set on the front stoop. About 150 miles down the road our neigh...

Drinking Campground Water...

My wife and are are arguing about making coffee with campground water.I've always used a water filter on our White Hose, but my wife has never tasted campground water, she buys gallons of water.The water in question is at Desoto State Park. (Alabama...

Checking Generator oil question

Hello! I have an onan 5500 gas generator in my motorhome. A question that has always bugged me, when checking oil, when I unscrew cover and look at level it's always lower than when I screw it back on and check levels again. Which one is correct? I d...

At what point do I need a WD hitch?

I have a '13 Ford F150 "heavy half"I am having some issues when i tow and someone told me I should get a WD hitch.My question is, at what weight with a stock half ton do you need to think about using a WD hitch?

Weather

Hey, you'all out there in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Dakotas: what day is summer this year?We are headed that way in August will we nee now shoes or will just boots do?

Aluminum Wheels

Thinking about getting aluminum wheels for the RV.What are the pro's & cons of such a decision?Cost is definitely a factor and the looks are better, but are there any other advantages/disadvantages.I feel that the improved look is worth so much, but ...

garmp by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Wahington state declares drought emergency

Washington has just declared a drought emergency for about 1/2 the state due to snow packs being down to about 50% of normal. Snowpack levels in BC are way down this year too.Fasten your seat belts, it could be a bumpy wildfire season this summer.No...

Anyone ever use one of these

Wife showed me a video of filling 1lb propane tanks using an adapter like this. Propane AdapterAnyone use one of these? Does it work as advertised?Mike

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes