RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ocean Lakes - Anyone Down Here This Week?

We are and I have to say the weather is perfect! The new water park is amazing. It was almost chilly yesterday around 4 at the pool...very unusual this time of year. It's packed here, but not annoyingly so. Everyone is very polite and courteous. Amd...

RV Park Reviews Forum

I am a member of RV Park Reviews Forum for a number of years as some of you are, and I need to update my e-mail address in my RV Park Reviews profile. I have tried a number of ways without success and finally sent an e-mail via their link which is s...

RamTX by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

I should'a got a bigger trailer

We have been on the road for a couple of months now mostly on the Oregon coast. I have been checking out what others are towing with their half ton rigs.We have a 26' no slide trailer that is right at 6000# loaded ready to roll. This much less than w...

RV toilet question

I have a 2009 KZ camper with a "aqua-magic style plus" toilet. My issue is upon pressing the flush pedal the gate opens immediately with the water flowing shortly after. I've looked at different things with the toilet and can't seem to find a way to ...

Bergy464 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Decrease step rise.

Any one found a way to decrease the the rise in an rv step? Top step to enter rv has about 11" rise which is very difficult for my wife to navigate. Is there any portable step addition you can put on a step to decrease the rise? I realize if you d...

vandave by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Great Service at RVshop.com

I needed a small part for our stove and found it at RVshop.com. I wrote a note this morning saying we will be at our cg for another week so needed it before we leave or would need to cancel the order. Within 1 hour of placing the order on the interne...

Earl_E by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery "jump packs"

I have one of these in the tt for emergency jump starts, and have used it to run tv and ant booster in a pinch.My question would be, if it is used, can it be recharged from my tow vehicle?Can I make up a cord to go from the 12 volt receptacle on the ...

Battery Cutout switches and dead batteries

I was the the factory for some warranty work and concerns this week. The night before going to the factory, I was in a campground and we talked some issues.One issue was my batteries would die over about 3 week period with the both the Main battery C...

ocbms by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Square Tires !!

my son has a 97 Chevy 4WD Pickup. He needed some new tires and decided that he could find a good deal on Craigslist. The goal was to find some “take offs”…..tires and wheels that someone had removed from a newer truck to install a custom / larger ti...

Question to the full Timers Out There Or Soon To Be

My question is how long have you done full timing and what made you go full timing.I guess what I am trying to say is how is the full timing life, me and my wife had made a discussion we do not want to be full timers because we have been RVing since ...

timmac by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

1/2 ton towing

I have never heard such a bs story in my life. my daughter told me this story. a guy who works with her husband bought a 1/2 ton TT and was towing with a 1/2 ton truck, make and engine unknown, he towed it a very short distance spent the weekend and ...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Acrophobia

I'm wondering if anyone else has a fear of heights and has trouble driving along mountain roads and how you handle it. We are planning a long trip and I just hate the idea of missing sites we want to go to because of this darn fear. I'm so crazy I go...

Keeping the ol' Coachman alive.

Lately I've been getting the ol' Coachman that is as old as me. Back into top mechanical condition. Started off with new water valve in the toilet, shower faucet, city water connection and a badly needed door holder. Now everything functions as it sh...

STANG23L by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Bar Recommendation - Blue Ox

Setting up my 2015 Jeep Wrangler to be a TOAD. I went with the blue ox base plate now I am trying to decide on the tow bar.The Alpha is rated for 6500# and that is plenty to cover the jeep weight.However, is there a reason I would want to consider a...