RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

On line dealer

I filled out a questionnaire on the Internet and I only put in my name and email address. The dealer followed up with a phone call. How could he get my phone number? Yes I should have asked him but I doubt I would have been given a reasonable answer...

FlatBroke by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Frameless window mod.

We have had our new DP for less than a month. Had the last one for over 10 years so we are slowly beginning to like this one. HATE the frameless windows! We have always had our windows open when possible, especially like to sleep with open window o...

Trailer disconnect message

As we pulled out of our driveway, a trailer disconnect message appeared on tv screen. Tv manual said to turn off tv, replug the power cord and start up again. Message disappeared. As we were driving through campgrounds looking for sites, trailer disc...

oxygen by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

has anyone removed their awning? is there a simple way?

in 10 years of RVing, we've never used the awning. we opened it a time or 2 to inspect it.i would love to remove lag screws to unattach vertical elements and then simply slide the 13' awning tube out of its rail (see sig pic). at a samboree, a tech...

burlmart by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Here I sit! Yuck!

I'm bummed out! Here it is going on Friday night and sitting in my living room at home. Camper in the drive way. We've been lucky lately to go camping every week-end for a while, so sitting at home, really has me bummed out tonight.Why am I sitting a...

2015 2500HD Check trailer wiring fix

This probably applies to most integrated brake controllers.I was getting the check trailer wiring error intermittently. It would go back to trailer connected also.The safety issue is when it says check trailer wiring you have no trailer brakes at al...

Towing Jayco Jayflight 27bh

Pretty sure I'm overweight for my vehicle. I am towing a 2004 Jayco Jayflight 27bh with a dry weight of 4912 and a gvwr of 7500. I just towed it with my 1999 GMC Yukon SLT which has a gvwr of 6800. Engine is 4.8L/V8. Hitch with WD is 10000 and tong...

No more debate about inspections in Texas!

There has always been debate about getting your RV trailer inspected in Texas. While the law has always been on the books, very few (me included)ever did it. My trailer did not even come with an inspection sticker when new.The state has put a stop to...

Good Sam Trip Planner

Why is it when I route my trip online using the trip planner then import the route into my Good Sam GPS, has me going a different way. Good Sam Support instructed me to contact Rand McNally. They told me if GPS is unsure of the route I choose, the GP...

COPD

Good Morning Everyone. Just want to know if anyone with COPD has had any issues with altitude? I am not on oxygen, my level stays within limits, I just have no stamina. I am wanting to go into the mountains of New Mexico and just enjoy the scenery. T...

rwj146 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you secure your bikes while camping?

Our family just upgraded from Walmart bikes to new better quality bikes that we will take camping. I am a little concerned about the bikes getting stolen from the campsite, this has happened to people we know. I am looking for ideas to secure our b...

dee74 by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Sterling towbar lock malfunction?

Has anyone ever had a Roadmaster Sterling towbar unlock itself and then relock while you were on the road?We have a Sterling towbar that we have used for the past 7 years without any issues. Today, after going around a series of tight turns and very ...

Ro646a by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging toad battery

To avoid a dead battery due to use of a supplemental brake, can anyone suggest a simple way to keep the toad battery charged?. Can the toad battery be charged with a direct hot wire from the rv cable to the 6 pin connector on the towed car? If so wh...

golfergo by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Prescription drugs on the road.

Don't know if this is just a Florida issue or not but more and more prescription drugs are only being filled for one month with no refills. Typically it is pain and sleeping aid medications. Local doctors are reluctant to give us more than one pres...