RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Heartland RV aluminum wheels

I have looked at a lot of products for cleaning and polishing aluminum wheels but nothing I have found seems to apply to the aluminum wheels that Heartland uses on their 5th wheels.

Front up 1/2". Tons on bars. Bags help?

HiI've been adjusting and readjusting a Reese dual cam to work with a ram 1500 and a 30' bullet. This is as close as I can get:On the 6th link - as far as I can go:Front of truck moves up 1/2"Back goes down 1 11/16"Trailer goes up 1/2"I have the ba...

Propane Grill Extension Hose

I found a good deal on a lightly-used Coleman Road Trip grill. I already have an Extend-a-stay installed on my tank so I bought a 12' extension hose. I picked the grill up today and it works great, but the tank is on the "wrong" side of the RV. The 1...

Nurse refuses to change bandage

I,m currently at an assisted living facility, whiich is staffed around the clock by nurses. I had a procedure done at the dermatologist which required freezing a small portion of my skin. The freezing caused a fluid filled blister to arise, which is ...

mr__ed by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

LED light strip for lighting up steps

Our porch light is useless except for blinding you and the Kwikee step light is basically useless, so I decided to buy some 12"/30 LED light strips in amber to experiment with as step lighting. They are cheapies and may not last long but to experime...

Tire Pressure - MAX vs DATAPLATE

A LOT of replies to tire threads recommend running the trailer (and I assume also car/truck/motorhome) at sidewall max psi instead of the dataplate psi. Why?My trailer tires have a max psi of 120. The trailer dataplate tells me the correct psi is 80....

dcmac214 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

4 wheels off the ground ideas

My toad/daily driver was totaled a few weeks ago and I got a new car that is AWD and an automatic. Only way to tow it is all wheels off the ground. I bought knowing we wouldn't be able to tow it and that is fine. Getting a trailer to just tow the car...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Where does the propane go?

Ol biscuit and I disagreed on whether or not is was possible for there to be air in a propane system basically with the tank valve shut and all the appliances turned off(valves shut). He said impossible but I say there is a gas(inert) in the system ...

Buckee's Road stop

Folks talk frequently about truck stops. In Baytown east of Houston Buckee's has just opened a 96 pump gas stop and shop, sandwich, toilet, Jerky meat tourist trinkets etc. 18 wheelers are requested not to be on the property. Its a Texas operation, t...