RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Buckee's Road stop

Folks talk frequently about truck stops. In Baytown east of Houston Buckee's has just opened a 96 pump gas stop and shop, sandwich, toilet, Jerky meat tourist trinkets etc. 18 wheelers are requested not to be on the property. Its a Texas operation, t...

Round Bar weight distribution hitch help please

ok bear with me here while i try to explain this.i have a Husky Round Bar distribution hitch and my last trailer had a tongue weight of 400lbs and a GVWR of 5500lbs and i had round bars good for a rating of 400 - 600 lbs tongue weight and 6000lbs gro...

Early arrival.

Has anyone ever experienced this?We are travelling with another couple, yesterday morning we broke camp and headed to our next destination where we had 2 spots reserved. The travel was easy and we arrived at the reserved campground at about 11:30AM. ...

jdb7566 by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

blue ox tow bar

I sent Blue Ox a e-mail with my serial number from my tow bar and asked for information on it, as I bought it used. I was told what model it was but got no other information on it. They asked how many miles it had towed a vehicle. I did not know sinc...

Bill-R by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying for two sites

Has anyone ever paid for two sites so they would be assured of some privacy or more room? At our favorite CG some of non electric sites are a bit close together so we will pay for two sites just wondering if anyone else does this.

VT_Skier by Explorer
  • 122 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing 2015 F150 wiring

I plan to set up a 2015 F150 as a toad in a month or two and want to start putting together a plan for connecting the wiring. I am hoping that I can simply unplug the wiring harness to the rear lights and simply insert and adapter that will hook up ...

Groover by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Picked up my TT this weekend, Do I need air bags?

My TT has a 6000lb dry weight and 745 hitch weight. I have a blue ox WD/Sway control until installed that the dealer setup for me.It sits pretty level, but just wondering if I could benefit from air bags? I think the rear sits a hair low, and my tr...

RoyBell by Explorer
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

BACKDRAFT?

Was driving conversion van/camper yesterday when the CO detector started going off. 3 beeps than nothing then the same thing 20 minutes later. I detected a slight combustion smell. The front windows were open and the back vent windows were open...

TOMMY47 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find "stud" for tv

I'm trying to find an area on wall for screws. It's a 13 torque 301. There is a sticker that says tv backer location but I don't want to keep drilling holes. I'm trying to mount a tv mounting bracket. It's very small cause tv will be also. I already ...

Trailer Tire Pressure/Temp/Speed vs. failure ?

I was told that speed is a big killer of trailer tires along with age, overloading, hidden damage, etc. but the big reason they tell you to stay at slower speeds is to keep the tire from overheating or getting damaged.After a blowout on my first TT t...

CHD_Dad by Explorer
  • 52 replies
  • 0 likes