cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Driving Tunes

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
As we ready our rig for hitting the road, we'll crank up Driving-themed tunes to keep the mood going and lighten the chores. Finally remembered one that wasn't on my list: "Willin' " sung by Linda Ronstadt. It now joins "Magic Carpet Ride" and many others on the 'pod.

What tunes do you crank while prepping the rig and heading out of the driveway?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
31 REPLIES 31

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving home:

Canned Heat

If we need to make time:

Flight of the Valkyries

Radar Love

Basket Case

Paint it Black

Cause I'm a Blonde

London Calling

All Along the Watchtower

and so on and so on and so on...
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another vote for Jessica. The best travelling song ever.

washley1
Explorer
Explorer
One of our all time favorites is "Moving Right Along" from the sound track of the original Muppet Movie!

traveylin
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving on a jet plane don't know when I will be back again................

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
"holiday road" from the original national lampoon's vacation
Proud father of a US Marine

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Everything from soup to nuts, just like run100.

We also have scads of audiobooks, old radio shows (mostly mysteries).

The coach radio has USB input with iPod controller so I got a 64 GB iPod and loaded it up with music recorded during a free trial period off Sirius.

bigwheelsturnin
Explorer
Explorer
oh...all kinda stuff...one good...Strauss...yeah...Strauss..we conduct along the highway..watching the cars..trucks...rigs...scenery..sky..then...at the rest areas...the dawgs...cressendo!.. =-O
we call it...ridin the gravy train...

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
No music for us while packing either. We primarily do audio books on the road, makes the miles go faster, mostly mysteries. I have a radio that has in addition to CD and regular and HD radio takes thumb drives and SD cards. I keep an SD card in all the time full of fast Bluegrass picking always good when your getting a little sleepy. Then I have an array of choices on thumb drive from oldies rock to comedy sketches depending on our mood if we don't want to do a book or we finished one with a few more miles to go for the day.

I check out audio books from the library and rip them to the computer then copy them to a single MP3 CD or a thumb drive so we don't have to juggle CDs every hour.

run100
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have the tunes playing while packing, but once on the road, we listen to a wide variety of music - everything from AC/DC to Govi and Yanni. However, there's something I really love about jammin' along with Steely Dan while out on the road.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

PennStateTPD
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever the DW puts on the radio ;(.
Doug & Fran Wood
Fullerton, CA
Camping together since 1979

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Anything by the Doobies !

Lots of good traveling music to pick from.

After listening to their up-tempo stuff for a while I always need to play my favorite Doobies song - 'South City Midnight Lady'.

Quartermoon
Explorer
Explorer
C Duck wrote:
"I've Been Everywhere" by Johnny Cash.
I can't truthfully sing this yet but maybe someday.

Isn't that the truth!
2016 Ford F250
2014 Open Range Light 318RL

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
The BeeGees, Roadhouse station on Sat. a variety of good sounds, no downers. Several CDs, by just about everyone.
Don't use hi falautin I Pads or such.
Listen til it gets boring. Put on Iron Butterfly and stand in the door practicing hedge hopping in Nam.
Get near Indy and Green Onion, and full steam ahead.
Hit Memphis and plug in Going to Kansas City.
Hit Austin and Ray Price or Willie and Whallen.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
The neatest experience we had with music was crossing the Top of the World Highway in Alaska and hearing the Lone Ranger's themesong. It just fit the ride!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel