cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Farewell

Finally_Fulltim
Explorer
Explorer
After 10 years of RV'ing, 8 years of solo Finally Fulltiming and lots of workamping, I'm now going to be Finally Fully Retired.

It was a great experience & I'm glad I did it, but I think it's time to settle down. Have traded the RV for a car, bought a condo near the ocean in sunny Florida and am looking forward to a more leisure lifestyle.

Many, many THANKS to all of you on this Forum who have helped me over the years. I've benefitted greatly, especially when first starting out, and have recommended the Forum to dozens of others.

Keep up the good work.
12 REPLIES 12

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, okee, we did just that. We'd lived in Everett, WA for my last few years at Boeing. I took early retirement to get away from all the overseas travel I was assigned and we moved north to Anacortes, which is on the only one of the San Juan Islands you can drive to. It's about 65 road miles north of Everett and just 20 miles from my house to the Skagit River Bridge that just collapsed!
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

okeehandyman
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome, I know you will enjoy your new lifestyle in Florida. Ever notice that many people say that they are going to retire and move to Florida? Not too many folks say they are going to retire and move North! There is a reason for that. Enjoy!

Finally_Fulltim
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, all. As the old song goes: "So long, it's been good to know ya".

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations. As an ex-pat Brit and a long-time resident in the Pacific NW, I couldn't stand Florida's summer weather. Our summers here get all the way up to 75 degrees with humidity around 30%. That's enough for this "weather wimp". We lived in Tidewater VA for three years, and the summers there were the most miserable atmospheric experience of my life. Our winters rarely get below freezing for more than overnight. Of course we get a lot of "800 broken, 1500 overcast, 0.25 miles visibility, rain and fog" between early October and mid-February. Those wealthier than us flee to Mexico, Hawaii or similar places and leave their houses susceptible to burglars and other undesirables!

Best wishes for your "permanent" retirement. Hope you love Florida as much as we love Anacortes.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy what you've earned every day. Be happy and smile a lot. I hear it increases wrinkles but makes us live longer.:B

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new stage in life. Hope everything goes well for you. If you are in mid to south Florida, I highly recommend finding a friend who has fruit trees in their yard. When I was a kid, I rented a house with orange, lemon, grapefruit and others. A fresh picked grapefruit chilled over night...man what a breakfast! Nothing like what you get in the grocery store.

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck! I'll be there someday too.
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your full retirement, hope you enjoy the warm weather that FL has to offer. As for me I have a few more years to go before retirement, but I have been doing it for a while now and hope when the time comes for me to say good bye to RVing I had accomplished everything I wanted to do. So enjoy it my friend....:)
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, and enjoy the next chapter! Please do stay on board and visit from time to time.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new life style, and the warm breezy ocean air!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
The beauty of doing what you are doing is that if you DO decide you want to camp you can always rent an RV! Best of everything in your new "settled" life! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Great news and so glad you enjoyed your rv'ing days. We will miss you and stay in touch on this site. We may need your advice on something here or there!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992