cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How long to sell TT?

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Don't start jumping all over me. I know that there are too many variables (size, shape, condition, location, price)for anyone to really answer this question but I'm just wondering about other folks experiences. I have quickly sold our other RV's but they had something going for them in the difficult to find category. This time I need to sell a generic-type TT. Nice rig but nothing special about it. Do they usually linger on the market for months? Years? lizzzie
16 REPLIES 16

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kittykath wrote:
bucky wrote:
Presentation is the key. The first hurdle is getting them to come look at it. An ad without pics rarely draws any calls. Slides out, heat or air on, lights on etc when they come to look at it. The public knows when a price is too high, don't even bother trying that one. Just like any other sale, they have to be able to picture themselves owning it. Have them sit down in the unit while you go over the features, and share some stories about the good times you've had with the unit.

This is great advice. Presentation IS the key. Clean it up, declutter, air it out, and take decent pictures. I've seen pics with overflowing garbage cans, dogs on the table and general messes. Most times the carelessness matches the overall condition. I won't give the listing another thought.

Fro sure clean it up, you may get more than you expect. Two years ago when we sold our 1st 5er, I think for a 1986 unit it looked great, washed, waxed and clean inside. Sold in about a week.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

clubhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Just sold a '12 TT on CL in 4 weeks. Took a little longer than expected, but I attribute that to holidays. I listed Sat after Thanksgiving and sold it 12/20.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I sold our 94 Dutchmen on Craigslist in less than 12 hrs.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the good advice. It is very clean and everything is in working order. I'm going to reduce the price and give it a few more days on CL, but am going to look for a consignment place also.lizzie

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
From what I've seen, clean it up, have the appliances up and running so someone can verify what works, and price it to sell on CL... and it can be gone in hours.

I'm lucky to be near PPL, and even though I'd get a worse price than selling it myself, I'd just drag my rig there, pay the 500 bones for them to detail it, and let them take their 10% commission. At least it would be off my hands, and paperwork done right.

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
Presentation is the key. The first hurdle is getting them to come look at it. An ad without pics rarely draws any calls. Slides out, heat or air on, lights on etc when they come to look at it. The public knows when a price is too high, don't even bother trying that one. Just like any other sale, they have to be able to picture themselves owning it. Have them sit down in the unit while you go over the features, and share some stories about the good times you've had with the unit.

This is great advice. Presentation IS the key. Clean it up, declutter, air it out, and take decent pictures. I've seen pics with overflowing garbage cans, dogs on the table and general messes. Most times the carelessness matches the overall condition. I won't give the listing another thought.

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Never sold one but when I bought mine used last Feb the seller had it priced right ( below the market ), and it was in good shape. He also offered to take it to a local CG and hook up all facilities, explain them, and show they worked. That was a deal maker for me as I had never owned a TT except an old hunting lodge trailer. Good luck.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puma 30RKSS

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
I agree you need to price it to move. We found our TC on craigslist the same day it was listed (football sunday). We're happy, the seller was happy and he even delivered to our house.
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Price and quality pictures get people interested. Extra points for video. Time to sell is variable to area but if you price it right and it shows well it will be gone quickly.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
How big is a box. There is NO way to answer your question.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

woodgeezer
Explorer
Explorer
Taking it from the buyers side, I bought my coach two hours after it was listed on-line by a dealer. Very good price, great condition and willing to take a cash deposit with a two week hold to close. (Told me when I picked it up they had 17 offers after I signed, most for more money, but they had a contract.)

Think in terms of how good a deal do you need to make to meet your timeline. If you can wait, you can get more, but you will not likely get everything you want.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
TucsonJim wrote:
Go to NADA Guides and find the retail selling price of the unit you're talking about. Offer a SIGNIFICANT discount to the listed retail price and you'll probably sell it rather quickly.
I did this with a little Sidekick TT, sold it in 1 hour on CL. Had 3 more buyers lined up if the first did not take it.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Go to NADA Guides and find the retail selling price of the unit you're talking about. Offer a SIGNIFICANT discount to the listed retail price and you'll probably sell it rather quickly.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)