cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Invasion of Asian Lady Beetles

MainerBob
Explorer
Explorer
We think we picked them up at Bayou Segnette and for a while we thought they were cute. We did some reading and are following the idea of simply getting rid of them as they appear. We have a Dyson cordless with the crevice tool and we just suck them up. About once a day we dump them into a zip lock bag so they don't return. After about a week of this we are still sucking up 30-40 a day inside the RV. Is there a permanent way to end this short of burning the trailer? We thought about fogging but the foggers don't say anything about these beetles and we have dogs.

Anyone out there have more ideas?
2007 Keystone Everest 293P, 32'
2006 Silvarado 2500HD Duramax, SRW, CC, Short Bed, 4x4
Sidewinder,16K Draw-Tite Slider
Chloe, Standard Poodle
Charlie, Tibetan Terrier
11 REPLIES 11

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
A few years back they were awful, awful, in my area. Beyond belief. Biblical proportions. Tens of thousands of them would get into the house. The only thing I found to combat them was a insecticide called Tempo. Nothing else worked at all. The other stuff was a joke. Hopefully they do not get that bad for you but, just in case remember,,, Tempo !!!

https://www.amazon.com/Tempo-Control-Insecticide-Spiders-Silverfish/dp/B0041ND0ZY/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=U...

MainerBob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who answered. We continue to vacuum them up with our Dyson Cordless which is an excellent tool. We get a few less each day but they are still with us. Decided against any insecticide use do to the dogs.
2007 Keystone Everest 293P, 32'
2006 Silvarado 2500HD Duramax, SRW, CC, Short Bed, 4x4
Sidewinder,16K Draw-Tite Slider
Chloe, Standard Poodle
Charlie, Tibetan Terrier

countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
It is my understanding that they were brought to this country by the USDA to combat aphids in various crops.

Here in Minnesota where lots of soybeans are raised local farmers are often required to spray for aphids because of crop damage they do. We also have large quantities of Asian beetles. The story I have heard is that the life cycle of the two insects does not match up so little control by the beetle.
2004 Born Free class c

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We had a really bad infestation when we stayed at Gunter Hill COE in Montgomery, AL last year. We killed a hundred of them a day for several months afterward. When the weather warms up, they leave. As far as I know, they do no harm besides being annoying. The midwest is full of them.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

westend
Explorer
Explorer
They don't like soap and water.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Just be thankful that you don't live here in the Mid-West. Here we remove them by the shovel full! Seriously. In the storage shed/garage they are everywhere!
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Try one of these!!!

bug getter
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm surprised they aren't all dead in your temps in Mass. Unless you are snowbirding?
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it up with the vacuum and it'll soon be over. We got them a couple times, vacuumed and moved to a different state and never saw the critters again.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I useDiatomaceous Earth it is an effective and safe way to get rid of them.

I have used it for years around the house and my dogs,also found that it is a great flea deterrent too.

Effective,safe around humans and pets and is a natural product.

Here is more about it.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C