cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open question to everyone...

OkSixpack
Explorer
Explorer
Why, when a topic comes up people don't like and don't want to participate in, want to have it closed down? Why not just ignore it and never read it again and let the people that do want to discuss do just that?
Jim
P.S. Yes, I really want to know!
77 REPLIES 77

noplace2
Explorer
Explorer
THIS is why I still come back occasionally to read. Y'all are seriously funny!
โ€˜Love is whatโ€™s in the room with you if you stop opening presents and listen.โ€™ - Elain - age 8

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Why, when a topic comes up people don't like and don't want to participate in, want to have it closed down? Why not just ignore it and never read it again and let the people that do want to discuss do just that?

Because it gives little people a sense of power.

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
RGar974417 wrote:
A few months ago,I asked for opinions on Lance trailers.The tread was only 2 pages and I was looking for more responses when it was closed.I asked the mod why they closed it and was told they thought I had all the information I needed. I sure didn't feel that way.

Hmmm...

Sometimes this place is overmoderated.

I've seen stuff that sells funny, "I love my Lacne Trailer, it's quality construction, (etc/commercial).

But "closed, but NOT deleted", when a valid discussion is going on?

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
OkSixpack wrote:
Jim
P.S. Yes, I really want to know!

I have never personally seen what your saying about people wanting/requesting a topic to be closed. Coarse I don't read a whole lot of the forum either..

I feel its like what a few others have said related to the "brat with the ball goes home"
They don't like what the topic is about IE their football team , baseball team certain place where they shop , they take it as the OP is bashing them !

I've personally had at least two topics closed ...I wasn't bashing the place I was merely stating my experience of what happened and what I saw happen when I was in the particular place twice within a week.
It turned sideways within 3-4 posts as people took it I was bashing the place. So they had to defend the place ...

Some people have very very thin skin .

Everyone of us interpret what is written and come to different conclusions alot of the time and then some take the responses personally and off track down hill it goes
!

So like the OP stated "just ignore it... Some really need to try it ๐Ÿ˜‰

diesel_man_03
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with gbopp...

OkSixpack
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
OP is gone. Time to shut this one down.

I didn't know I was gone! My last post was right above yours btw....I am enjoying reading the replies, I don't feel the need to respond to every one of them though.
Jim

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Seems as though we've stored our RVs for the winter...;)
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
Too much time on one's hands.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

Way to funny regarding the nature of this thread. Made me laugh on this one.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

OkSixpack
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
Forum has guidelines on what subjects can be discussed and religion, politics and guns. Some don't like. Guns in particular have to watch not to touch politics which is nigh impossible given the reason we need to discuss them.
Some Forums like military.com won't let you touch Illegal Aliens nor Muslim subjects in relation to any military or otherwise subject. This is a recent thing. Some gun forums have gotten that way. Faceboox is bad about censoring. Anything controversial or not and some group or person complains and free speech goes out the window. Same situation with twitter. Some newspapers and news agencies are no longer able to connect to unless first rout to one server then another. Some stories appear and then are gone in minutes to hours, not just in foreign press agency site either.

I agree, but let the moderators handle it if need be. Ignore the ones you ( generic "you", not you in particular) don't like, don't demand to have them shut down for everyone.
Jim

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
Forum has guidelines on what subjects can be discussed and religion, politics and guns. Some don't like. Guns in particular have to watch not to touch politics which is nigh impossible given the reason we need to discuss them.
Some Forums like military.com won't let you touch Illegal Aliens nor Muslim subjects in relation to any military or otherwise subject. This is a recent thing. Some gun forums have gotten that way. Faceboox is bad about censoring. Anything controversial or not and some group or person complains and free speech goes out the window. Same situation with twitter. Some newspapers and news agencies are no longer able to connect to unless first rout to one server then another. Some stories appear and then are gone in minutes to hours, not just in foreign press agency site either.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Shoot, I don't have a problem with notifying a mod of a thread that you think is inappropriate. That's what they're there for. It's people who think they are mods that bother me.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Every so often, I see a post with a couple of pages of nothing but a new member stringing letters that spell nothing, like this "asdfg". All I did was run my finger left to right on the middle row of the keyboard. Its always a brand new member. I just notify the mods. They probably see more of them than I do. Its just kids playing. At least I hope it isn't an adult. It just takes up space and the mods delete it, but that's up to the mods. I don't request it.
There are sections that I don't read, like Class A's. I'd love to have one but my storage building's doors aren't big enough. But I would never ask for it to be deleted. I just hide it - from me. I hate to get drool on the computer screen. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.